Automation Engineer I
Myriad is a genetic screening and testing company. Our genetic screens provide actionable information, empowering women and their families to make critical and timely healthcare decisions, whether they’re thinking about starting a family or evaluating risk for cancer. Find out more at www. myriadwomenshealth.com
Our tests are powered by an automated sequencing lab and software that truly covers the full technology stack: robotics, automation, scientific compute, data pipelines, variant calling/interpretation (bioinformatics), data visualization, risk calculations (population genetics), electronic medical records (EMR), patient and doctor user experience (UX), and solving key workflow problems in large complex health systems.
This technology stack enables us to provide actionable information to almost a million patients per year.
Location: South San Francisco, CA (hybrid remote/on-site)
What You’ll Do
- Design custom hardware for our fully automated robotics sample processing work cells
- Sustain our existing systems by working with operations staff to identify and implement improvements
- Be in charge of every aspect of the design process, including prototyping, testing, and deployment
- Learn and utilize other disciplines: mechanical, electrical, and software
- Travel to Myriad’s other sites, including Salt Lake City, UT, as needed during certain project phases
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent
- Hands on experience in electro-mechanical design, assembly, wiring, and troubleshooting
- Experience integrating 3rd party devices (system integration) Experience with mechanical CAD software, like SolidWorks
- Experience documenting designs (e.g., BOMs and drawings)
- Experience with software programming and/or terminal usage: Python is a big plus
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.