District Executive - Charleston, SC
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
Today's professional Scouters are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference, work that calls one to continual learning and challenge, work that offers solid compensation, benefits and advancement.
The Coastal Carolina Council is currently seeking dynamic college graduates to work in the Lowcountry of South Carolina. As a District Executive, you will have the opportunity to serve the community through the most effective youth leadership program in the country.
- Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
- Achieve progress towards specific goals and objectives which include: program development through collaborative relationships, volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising, membership recruitment and retention.
- Ensure that all program sites are served through volunteers, regular leader meetings, training events and activities.
- Collaborate with adult volunteers and oversee achievement of training for their respective role.
- Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working relationships with other professionals and volunteers. The executive must have communication skills and be able to explain the program’s goals and objectives to the public.
- Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive starting salary of $35,600 (plus a $500 monthly car allowance). Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer a generous vacation policy and ten set holiday observances.
How to apply: Submit a resume to Jimmy.Crook@Scouting.org.