Sales Internship - Philadelphia, PA
Do you want to learn how to become a dynamic sales executive?
Do you want access to the best training program in the industry and get paid while doing so?
Do you want to acquire a skill set that translates to any industry?
Do you want to learn from the best Account Executives in the entire logistics industry?
Are you looking for a fun, paid internship, in a collaborative and supportive environment? Our sales interns gain real -world, hands-on experience in the world of sales, logistics, and supply chain.
Our program is 10 weeks in length and 40 hours per week.
This internship will allow interns to learn all aspects of a third-party logistics (3PL) sales career by assisting the freight brokerage team on various tasks such as prospecting potential customers, booking freight loads, negotiating prices, and interacting with current customers. PLS interns are treated as employees and are always held to a high standard to represent PLS in a positive light. The PLS Sales Internship Program is based on our full-time Account Executive Trainee position.
Our sales internship is a project-based internship that will allow interns to learn about and work in the industry and present on a given topic at the end of the program! You will also have the opportunity to participate in a career support session with our corporate recruiters to discuss resume building and interview skills.
- Research and gain knowledge on industry trends
- Generate leads and develop clients through cold calling industry leads
- Negotiate client and carrier freight rates
- Lead and facilitate client service issues through to the point of resolution
- Liaise between shipper, consignee, and carrier
- Participate in projects and presentations
- Conduct other duties as required by business needs or as assigned
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- PC proficient (Microsoft 365 preferred)
- Communication and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to job requirements
Over our 30+ year history, PLS Logistics Services has become one of the country’s top 25 third-party logistics (3PL) services providers. We are headquartered in Cranberry Township, PA, with offices in Jacksonville, Tampa, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, St. Louis, Philadelphia & Pittsburgh. We are growing as an organization and are looking for top talent to join our team.