Marketing & Events Specialist
Team Wendy, an Avon Protection plc company, is seeking a talented marketing professional to manage our special events and tradeshow strategy, and contribute to a variety of other general marketing projects. This person will work on both of Avon Protection plc’s two brands, Avon Protection and Team Wendy. Reporting to the marketing and events manager, the ideal candidate will have one to four years of experience planning and managing company events, excellent organizational skills and integrated marketing experience, and is comfortable with creative and marketing projects.
We seek and hire friendly, fun, self-motivated individuals who are smart and driven. We also look for individuals with a passion for marketing communications who are committed to continuous learning to grow their professional experience. We place an emphasis on personal and professional growth and foster an environment where you can learn from others and then build upon it, so others can learn from you. The ideal candidate is creative, enthusiastic, detail-oriented and collaborative.
- Develop deep knowledge and understanding of Avon Protection plc’s brands, business operations, products and customer-base.
- Support the marketing and events manager in the creation and management of the tradeshow and events strategy for both brands. Participate in strategy development and annual planning and budgeting.
- Research, propose and evaluate new events and tradeshows to reach Team’s Wendy’s core audience and increase ROI.
- Manage registration and all event logistics, including rentals for the booth, booth freight and material handling, etc. for all company events and tradeshows.
- Work in conjunction with the sales team to determine assets needed at each event/tradeshow.
- Manage packing lists and shipping efforts for all company events and tradeshows.
- Manage tradeshow product and display inventory, tracking product inventory and refurbishing as needed – prior to and after each event.
- Coordinate payments for all attended events and tradeshows; ongoing management of the events budget with the marketing and events manager.
- Manage Team Wendy annual memberships for relevant industry associations.
- Contribute to the management of promotional items for use at industry and company events.
- Contribute to measurement and analytics, making optimization recommendations.
- Constant communication with team members.
- Project management and ability to work on a deadline.
- Participation in brainstorming sessions and other marketing-related projects as needed.
- Some physical labor required in managing event assets, such as promotional and display items. At times, this may include pushing, pulling, lifting, squatting and various other types of physical activity.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- One to four years of experience planning and managing company events in an agency or in-house corporate marketing environment.
- Meticulous organizational and time management skills.
- Resourcefulness and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Comfortable with creative and marketing projects.
- Professional relationship-building skills and social demeanor.
- Big picture, strategic thinker with grit to execute initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of work.
- Technical skills include a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office; knowledge of Microsoft 365 preferred.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserved the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Successful applicant must comply with Avon Covid-19 Vaccination Policy requirements.
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within Avon that may present access to export controlled technical data, Avon must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at Avon's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability