Antiques Roadshow Fall 2022 Intern
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE
GBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
ANTIQUES ROADSHOW is PBS's most-watched ongoing series, seen by around 6 million
Viewers each week. During its regular production tour, the show asks the public to
Bring in their collectibles and antiques to events across the country. Thousands of
People have their items appraised free of charge. Selected items are recorded with an
The expert from one of the leading auction houses or antique dealers in America. The
series is typically in production from May through June and in pre-and post-production
Year-round. ANTIQUES ROADSHOW has many components, including pre-production,
post-production, business management, digital and brand marketing & audience
The role of the intern at ANTIQUES ROADSHOW is providing support to the pre-
production, post-production, digital and brand marketing & audience development
Teams. The intern will also have the opportunity to sit in on screenings of new
episodes and provide feedback as well as assist other members of the ROADSHOW
team whose jobs are of interest.
· Researching production locations
· Logging footage for ANTIQUES ROADSHOW editors
· Assisting in the pre-production selection process for our upcoming tour, including calling and scheduling guests
· Cleaning transcript files and screening them against episodes to ensure accuracy
· Timing out shows and lower thirds for show delivery
· Assisting with various marketing and social media tasks
· Captioning media files through YouTube
· Uploading media to ANTIQUES ROADSHOW's website through internal systems
· Assisting with light photo and video editing
· Maintaining administrative files and unit database
· Strong organizational abilities
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to work effectively, both independently and with a team, in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
· General aptitude with computers
· Working knowledge of the main social media channels
· Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and video editing platforms
· Media production experience is very helpful but not required; however, a strong interest in media production is necessary
· Familiarity with Filmmaker Pro is a plus
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time)
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative areas.
· Fall Virtual Internship dates: September 12th through December 2nd.
· Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wi-Fi.
· Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have Work
Authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program, follow us on Instagram:
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve are diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment, or promotion based on race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application Process Assistance
GBH will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate an accommodation request, contact the Human Resource department by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling 617-300-2000.