Frontline Post Production Fall 2022
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE
GBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
Since 1983, FRONTLINE has served as PBS's flagship public affairs series. Hailed upon its debut as 'the last best hope for broadcast documentaries,' FRONTLINE's stature over 30 seasons is reaffirmed each week through incisive documentaries covering the scope and complexity of the human experience. FRONTLINE Outpost is the online post-production facility where every program is prepared for broadcast.
FRONTLINE is seeking interested students who are eager to learn about and assist with the process of getting a weekly PBS television series on the air. All majors are welcome; Television, Film, Broadcasting or Journalism students are especially encouraged. This internship is an opportunity to work with broadcast professionals to learn the intricacies of the post-production process. Interns will learn how to work within a post-production team, come away with a solid understanding of the post process and current standards and formats, and learn how to operate independently in a top-of-the-line facility.
- Observe AVID online documentary editing sessions and FRONTLINE screenings
- Assist the Post-Production Coordinator and FRONTLINE OutPost staff with a variety of tasks, including but not limited to tracking assets, archiving production media, footage research and client services
- Learn to safely operate in Avid editing platform.
- Be responsible, show initiative, and possess a general understanding of television production
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with video editing is a plus.
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time up to 20 hours)
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative areas.
WINTER 2022 INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
- Fall 2022 Internship dates - September 12 - December 2, 2022.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wifi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
To learn more about our program follow us on Instagram:
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve are diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment, or promotion based on race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application Process Assistance
GBH will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate an accommodation request, contact the Human Resource department by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling 617-300-2000.