Landscape Architect / Designer
At christopher, we believe the work we do changes the world we live in, and that we have a responsibility to make a positive impact on our communities. Our landscape architects transform our towns and cities with every project we design, and we strive to leave our communities better than we found them.
christopher consultants, ltd. is an established multi-disciplinary firm, providing landscape architecture, land planning, engineering, and surveying services, in the northern Virginia/Washington, DC metropolitan area. We are currently seeking a motivated landscape designer/landscape architect with 0-5 years of experience as our multidisciplinary firm continues to grow within the greater DC metro, Maryland, Richmond and the Carolinas. We offer very competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, a hybrid work environment, employee mentorship, and a path to leadership program.
As a Landscape Architect or Landscape Designer in our Fairfax Virginia office, you will work closely with our senior landscape architects on various private and public sector projects within a goal-oriented design environment. You will get to work on a diverse mix of project types, including public promenades, parks and playgrounds, outdoor amenity spaces, mixed-use developments, as well as some commercial and institutional properties. This role is focused on assisting with (and eventually leading) all phases of the landscape architecture design process including conceptual and schematic landscape design and corresponding presentation graphics, as well as technical drawings including hardscape, landscape, and lighting construction documents and construction administration. Opportunities for growth will be provided based upon candidate's capability and desire to advance their career.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture or Architecture
- Currently a licensed landscape architect, or gaining experience with the intent to pursue licensure
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign, Sketchup, MS Office
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written correspondence
- Willingness to attend and present at client and/or public meetings outside of business hours, on occasion.
- Ability to think both creatively and practically, and produce high-quality work
- Ability to produce quality hand sketches, graphics, and renderings
- Prior 3D modeling experience using Rhino, SketchUp, and Lumion
- Contribute professional design expertise and technical knowledge to clients as well as fellow coworkers
- Possess plant knowledge of the Mid-Atlantic region
- Highly motivated and able to work both independently and in a team environment
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
christopher is a Drug Free Workplace