Social Media Manager - Healthier Asian-inspired Candy Startup
Numa Foods (www.numafoods.com), is looking for a capable creative to manage our social media channels, specifically Instagram and TikTok. We will require approximately 5-10 hours per week and you must be competent with Facebook, Instagram, Google, TikTok and basic excel. The ideal candidate will be aligned with our mission of bringing healthier Asian-inspired snacks to more people. You will be responsible for the following:
- Create, edit, and publish marketing content on social media platforms that aligns with our brand vision, builds meaningful community connections and encourages authentic engagement
- Utilize various tools (Facebook Creator Studio, Canva, etc.) to execute customer lead generation and build brand awareness
- Engage with Numa’s target audience on Instagram to increase Numa's brand presence and following
- Collaborate with the founder to continuously refine and align the social media strategy with the rest of the business as it grows
- Highly self-motivated and must enjoy working on your own in a less structured environment
- Has experience growing a business social media presence and understands how to grow brand awareness and build a community
- Familiarity with Instagram and TikTok and willingness to learn new platforms
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a quick learner
- Loves Asian snacks
- Graphic design, Photoshop or video editing experience is a plus
- Must be able to work 5-10 hours a week
- All years are welcome to apply
We are looking for creative self-starters who are passionate about the natural food industry and about building communities to inspire more inclusivity and healthier lifestyles. We're a lean startup run by a daughter-mother duo looking to make waves in the candy and snack aisle and we'd love to work with someone who believes in our mission as much as we do!
Free candy | Access to food startup founder | Remote, flexible hours | You get to monetize something you’re likely doing already and gain real experience
Numa makes naturally healthier taffy and peanut candies inspired by traditional Asian recipes. We are the first Asian-American candy brand, drawing from heritage to inspire more functional candies. Our candies contain 40% less sugar and 200% more protein than the standard candy bar without sacrificing taste and we prioritize real and simple ingredients. Numa means daughter and mother in Chinese as the company was founded and scaled by a daughter-mother duo from their home kitchen to a dedicated facility in PA and continues to honor the founding values of health, family, and heritage.
Since launching in 2018, the company has grown 200% YoY, garnered 2,000+ positive reviews on Amazon, and been featured in PopSugar, Women’s Health Magazine, and CNBC News. Numa was one of Mindy Kaling’s top product picks 2021, ranked top 10 best healthy candies by certified RD’s of Women’s Health Magazine, and selected as one of nine companies in the inaugural Mondelez Colab accelerator program. Numa is proudly women and minority owned and family operated.
Please submit the following:
- All social media handles
- Instead of a cover letter please respond to the following questions:
- Please explain how you would take Numa’s social media presence to the next level. We’re focused on Instagram and TikTok, but feel free to mention any other social platforms. Please include as much detail as possible to give us a clear picture on how you envision Numa’s social media strategy. Please also include examples of at least 3 content ideas you think would do well.
- Why do you want to work with Numa?