Mid Level Project Architect – Hospitality Interiors
Gensler Las Vegas is seeking a Project Architect to join our Community Lifestyle studio. As Project Architect, your job is to lead and mentor a team of architects and/or designers to deliver world-class architectural projects. You will leverage your industry experience and technical acumen to drive client projects from concept through build while directly managing client relationships.
What You Will Do
- Manage multiple aspects of client, team, and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with consultants (structural, MEP, lighting, AV, acoustical, accessibility, building envelope, life safety, etc.)
- Resolve complex technical and design issues with team to produce innovative technical/constructible solutions
- Manage communication between project team, client, vendors, contractors, and consultants
- Direct production of drawings, specifications and construction administration tasks
- Responsible for oversight and delivery of documents with design intent and top-notch technical quality
- Process submittals/substitution requests during construction and address RFIs
- Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
- Maintain and oversee the project manual and specifications
- Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
- Managing client expectations, team communication and oversight of consultant coordination
- Actively participate and contribute to the financial performance of project
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives and learning programs
- Establish and maintain ongoing, productive client relationships through successful project delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited college/university required
- Registered Architect required; LEED AP preferred
- 6-10 years of related experience, including demonstrated success in hospitality interior architecture (ideally hotels)
- Strong proficiency in Revit required
- Full knowledge of architectural principles and practices
- Excellent written + verbal communication and management skills to include leadership, organization, and client relationship management skills
- Proficient in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, Octane, Rhino, Bluebeam, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), etc.
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle and design process through post-occupancy
- Flexibility to focus on concurrent projects in various stages of development
- A quick learner with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Well-rounded, strategic thinker with an integrated approach to design, management, and technical project resolution who can help shape a vision for the future
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending client, project, and construction meetings
All applications must include a portfolio for full consideration.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.