Reading Partners AmeriCorps Program Coordinator (2022-2023) Silicon Valley, CA
Interested in empowering students to become confident readers and lifelong learners? Join Reading Partners as an AmeriCorps Program Coordinator!
The AmeriCorps Program Coordinator is the face of Reading Partners in elementary schools, responsible for leading the coordination, operations, and relationship development of Reading Partners’ one-on-one tutoring programs. AmeriCorps members serve full-time from August or September, 2022 through June or July, 2023 and must commit to a service term of 1,700+ hours.
What you’ll do:
Lead the full-time coordination and operations of Reading Partners’ tutoring programs at a school partner.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations and schedule of Reading Partners’ tutoring programs to ensure the program meets students’ learning needs.
- Provide ongoing tutoring to students.
- Manage student and tutor data records, and track student progress.
- Provide direct technical support to students and volunteers when using Reading Partners’ online tutoring program.
Forge and maintain positive relationships with students, families, tutors, and school staff to create a welcoming tutoring environment.
- Lead family, student, and volunteer engagement support within your reading center.
- Motivate students in their learning journeys and manage student behavior.
- Guide, coach, and provide feedback and ongoing support to volunteer tutors.
The AmeriCorps Regional Program Coordinator plays a critical role in our school-based team within the region. This role serves as a mobile coordinator to support multiple reading centers, supporting the implementation of our traditional and distance tutoring programs (or a hybrid of both). This is not a supervisory position, and this is not a remote position except when mandated by local and/or organizational Covid protocols.
What you’ll do:
Program Support - Traditional, In-person Program
- Collaborate to implement the Reading Partners program
- Share best practices at a portfolio of partner school sites
Program Support - Distance Tutoring Program
- Co-lead student support to implement the distance tutoring program at a portfolio of partner school sites.
Relationship Management & Communication
- Forge and maintain positive relationships to create welcoming environments for students, caregivers, faculty & staff, and volunteer tutors.
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Root your service in our vision & values.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Hold US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
- Have not completed more than three (3) prior AmeriCorps or VISTA service terms.
- Understand this position is an AmeriCorps service commitment and are dedicated to successfully completing a full term of service.
- Pay strong attention to detail and manage competing priorities effectively.
- Are open to learning technology systems like Salesforce, Google Apps, and Zoom Conferencing.
- Bonus Points if you are an AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, or other national service alum/alumna; and/or have experience volunteering with community-based or education programs.
What we offer:
- Reading Partners is committed to your growth and development. We offer an exciting and dynamic culture, on-going professional development opportunities, and coaching designed to catapult you into your next career move.
- 11-month living allowance of $28,000.14 and, in California, an education award totaling $10,000 after successfully completing your service term.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage at no monthly cost.
- Opportunities for network building with thousands of service-minded individuals.
- Childcare assistance available through AmeriCorps for those who qualify.
- You may be eligible for student loan forbearance on federal student loans.
Reading Partners is a national literacy nonprofit that engages community volunteers and AmeriCorps service members to support elementary-aged students on their path toward reading proficiency. Reading Partners is also committed to building a culturally competent and representative team to advance social justice through our service in schools and communities. Learn more about Reading Partners at readingpartners.org. Learn more about serving a year with AmeriCorps at https://www.americorps.gov/about.
- AmeriCorps members must live within commuting distance and have access to reliable transportation on a daily basis.
- AmeriCorps members will be required to serve full-time and on location. This is not a remote position except when mandated by local and/or organizational Covid protocols.
- Should the need exist, all AmeriCorps members will be provided PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Due to the changing nature of serving in public education, AmeriCorps members may be asked to transition to another Reading Partners AmeriCorps position in the same region.
- Reading Partners AmeriCorps Vaccination Policy: AmeriCorps members serving in school- and community based roles are required to wear a mask when in person. Members who are vaccinated are able to serve in person immediately, provided they comply with the organization and service site’s mask requirements. Members who are not vaccinated, but will be serving in-person, will be asked to be vaccinated or submit to regular weekly COVID-19 testing. Individual districts may have additional COVID-19 requirements that AmeriCorps members must also abide by.
Join Reading Partners and leave a legacy that will last long beyond an unforgettable and life-changing AmeriCorps service term. We look forward to hearing from you!
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please email AmeriCorps@readingpartners.org with any questions or if you’d like to connect with a team member!
At Reading Partners we respect and honor the diversity in our workforce, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.