Best Buddies International is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, leadership development, and inclusive living for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
Best Buddies is the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy, and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
Job Title: Office Manager
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
# of direct reports: n/a
Salary: $40,000 - 45,000 annually
Last updated: 9/29/2021
Position Overview: The office manager is responsible providing support to the HR team and for all operations as they relate to the national office and provides support state offices as needed. The manager is responsible for all HQ activities, including office events and/or programs.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience in office management or similar role.
- Entry level experience in human resources and ability to provide support in this area.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Must have experience in planning small staff events.
- Extremely organized and skilled in project and time management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to motivate others and hold staff accountable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and understanding of databases
- Ability to solve problems and overcome obstacles encountered in completing assigned tasks within given time constraints.
- Ability to collaborate on projects with staff from other departments and have a high level of personal investment in creating an organized, streamlined, high-functioning office environment for the national office.
- Must be comfortable answering the phones and cleaning the common areas such as a break room and the board room.
Job Duties included, but are not limited to:
- Provides support to the human resources team as needed.
- Responsible for office onboarding for all HQ employees.
- Responsible for ordering all computer equipment, name tags etc. for all new hires
- Manage office supply account for state offices, including setting up accounts for new hires
- Assist with the recruitment process and any human resources processes as needed.
- Responsible for HQ office fuel station budget. Includes, making purchases, abiding to the budget, reviewing, and paying invoices
- Review and approve office supply orders and provide proper PI back up
- Review and approve all monthly invoices for HQ expenses (internet, phone, fax, water, copier leases etc. Also review and approve select state office invoices (Pitney Bowes)
- Responsible for all office operations, including day to day activities. Makes sure that the HQ office is organized for business each day.
- Supervises the receptionist and office assistant and manages the front desk coverage
- Responsible for managing all vendors and contracts to ensure cost savings.
- Assists in selection of vendors and products needed for the HQ office
- Responsible for the fuel station daily. Ensures the station is properly stocked for breakfast and mid-afternoon.
- Maintains office equipment contracts, service calls, and supply inventory level for postage meter, copier, printers, fax machine, telephone systems, etc.
- Responsible for all the board room(s) schedule(s).
- Oversees office related contracts for HQ and at times for other office locations
- Provide office management support to state offices, assists new state office set up
- Responsible for supply inventory, orders and for approving supply requests for state offices.
- Schedules general and routine maintenance, repairs, or new contract meetings for all equipment in the headquarters office.
- Responsible for HQ phone system. Adds, deletes, and changes users. System changes such as time change, general greetings, and settings. Assist users with troubleshooting mailbox settings and set-ups and programs all telephones and/or extensions. Arrange soft and hard equipment upgrades or repairs.
- Work closely with I.T. manager on all office equipment.
- Responsible for all HQ staff holiday events
Best Buddies® is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EOE and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are foundational to Best Buddies International’s core values and help the organization continue to achieve its mission. Here at Best Buddies, our goal is to lead and advocate for a more inclusive world.
Best Buddies offers a comprehensive and generous benefits programs that include financial security, health and wellness and time off.