Business Process Associate
We have an opening for a Business Process Associate working on enterprise-wide initiatives and reporting to our Chief Operating Officer. You will have the opportunity to build strong business relationships across organizational levels. The ideal candidate is a dedicated team player and organized self-starter who can manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. Your inquisitiveness, sense of ownership and exceptional communication skills will enable your success in this position.
Headquartered in New York, the Claims Conference is a global, non-profit organization committed to providing a small measure of justice to Holocaust Survivors. Since our founding in 1951, the Claims Conference has secured more than $90 billion from the German government in indemnification for Survivors. In 2021, the Claims Conference distributed approximately $625 million in direct compensation to over 260,000 survivors in 83 countries and allocated approximately $640 million in grants to over 300 social service agencies worldwide that provide vital services for Holocaust survivors, such as home care, food, and medicine. Our Research, Education, and Documentation (RED) funds contribute toward global efforts to educate the public and preserve the memory of the Holocaust through teacher training programs, exhibitions, and films such as Son of Saul, an Academy Award winner for Best Foreign Film. At the Claims Conference, we honor history while making history.
- Familiarizing yourself with the Claims Conference programs and organizational structure in order to understand organizational needs, forecasting potential projects, and implementing change effectively;
- Developing and requesting ad hoc reports;
- Conducting analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues;
- Identifying and implementing reporting improvements;
- Monitoring existing reports to draw conclusions on ongoing trends and identify issues;
- Communicating insights to inform stakeholders in decision making process;
- Working with stakeholders to gather, define and document reporting requirements;
- Guiding process improvement and knowledge management projects to align with organizational objectives;
- Preparing documentation, including workflow charts and diagrams that map processes and systems, to support business process change;
- Coordinating and overseeing projects across various departments from start to finish;
- Managing multiple ongoing projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least three years of experience in a mix of project management, process improvement, and business operations;
- Ability to build reports, analyze data and create accurate meaningful conclusions;
- Experience in understanding key performance indicators and creating performance forecasts;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel , Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- Detail-oriented with a keen analytical aptitude that you apply to your problem-solving capabilities;
- Ability to build relationships and earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders;
- Ability to effectively handle change, shift gears and manage uncertainty;
- A general understanding of core database principles.
The Claims Conference is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of any category protected by law, including (without limitation) race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.