Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking an Editor to join our growing Rare Disease Advisor (RDA) digital brand in the Medical Communications division. This is a hybrid position, with a modest weekly presence in our New York City office required.
The Editor is responsible for managing the daily production of clinician-facing content for several disease-specific sections on the RDA website. The Editor will execute all aspects of the RDA content strategy, manage internal and freelance editorial staff, and work collaboratively with other RDA and Haymarket teams. This position will report to RDA’s Senior Managing Editor (SME).
- Manages all daily content production for assigned set of website sections and works with contributing writers to optimize performance.
- Researches, assigns, copy edits, and web produces daily news briefs for assigned sections.
- Works with writers on developing and approving evergreen content topics and delivery dates for assigned sections, as well as editing and web producing evergreen content.
- Manages content calendar for weekly section e-mail newsletters and sponsored campaigns. Conducts quality checks of newsletters and works with web production team as needed.
- Consults with SME on features and KOL article schedules, and Columns Editor for column article schedules.
- Manages and quality checks Resource Page topics and content for new section launches.
- Ensures adherence to RDA, Haymarket, and AMA style guidelines and SEO best practices.
- Assists with conference coverage planning, execution, and editing; occasional weekend work may be required.
- Meets with RDA editorial team (remotely and in person) as needed for planning and training purposes.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in English/journalism/communications or related field required.
- 3+ years of professional journalism or communications experience, with demonstrated skill in writing and editing; experience working with clinician-facing products desirable.
- Experience with WordPress or another content management system required.
- Experience adhering to style guidelines; proficiency in AMA style desirable.
- Excellent ability to quickly edit and fact-check content written for a clinician audience.
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, analytical, and oral and written communication skills.
- A successful record of handling multiple simultaneous projects and adhering to deadlines.
- Experience as a strong team player who can work independently and cross-functionally within an organization and independently follow through on assigned tasks.
- Experience in managing freelance writers and editors on a daily basis is a plus.
- Proficiency with Google suite (Gmail, Google Drive/Docs/Sheets) preferred.
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices and content promotion strategies.
- Understanding of the needs of medical professional audiences, or demonstrated ability to identify the needs of a highly specialized audience.
What We Offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid annual vacation, holiday and sick time off
- Comprehensive health plans including medical, dental and vision
- Competitive 401(k) investment options and generous company matching program
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee referral awards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities through industry-recognized programs
- A creative and passionate workplace and a fun, collaborative team environment
About Rare Disease Advisor:
Rare Disease Advisor is a leading online digital publisher of news, perspectives, and resources for supporting rare disease communities. The site offers comprehensive coverage of the latest research, drug development, and treatment insights for healthcare providers, researchers, patients, and their families.
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.