Events and Marketing-Fall 22'
SOFWERX is a venue operated under an agreement between the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) and DEFENSEWERX, designed to increase collaboration and innovation in order to solve the most difficult warfighter problems. SOFWERX is a forum for accelerating delivery of innovative capability, and facilitating capability refinement through exploration, experimentation, and assessment of promising technology. SOFWERX is in the heart of Ybor City, at a neutral, easily accessible facility.
· Assist in planning internal events such as team builders, monthly birthday celebrations, and holiday parties
· Assist with Front of House responsibilities such as: inventory, sitting at front desk, restocking snack and coffee bar, keeping front of house clean, answer phones, sell SOFWERX swag
· Coordinate and schedule each semester’s Intern Presentations
· Assist with marketing, business development, and social media as the Communications
· Must participate in weekly market research and submit minimum required entries for new capabilities, technologies, companies, organizations, etc. that could contribute to the innovative ideas needed to create solutions for the warfighter.
· Provide clerical support as needed
· Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
· MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR A SECURITY CLEARANCE
· Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or a similar major at a local accredited University
· Junior or Senior level, with a current GPA of 3.0 or above
· Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment
· A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
· Experience in WordPress, HubSpot, Social Media Management, and Canva or other design program preferred
· Hours of operation are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday
· Position requires a minimum of 15 hours and a maximum of 20 hours per week during the Spring and Fall semesters; a minimum of 15 hours and a maximum of 30 hours during the Summer semester.
· Receive professional development opportunities from the Events and Marketing Director, Communication Specialist, Event Coordinators, and Meeting Coordinator
· Engage in employee events, such as team building