Do you have a passion for providing eco-friendly options to bustling urban environments? What about providing healthier modes of transportation to city dwellers? Or maybe you're interested in a workplace that develops its people as much as its processes? If any of these ring true, you may be interested in Motivate’s Internship Program.
Internships at Motivate LLC are designed with experiential learning in mind – making sure each intern learns valuable transferable skills they can take to the rest of their career -- while also learning about the business of micro-mobility in the role of Videographer.
What You Will Do:
The Videographer will work with the Learning and Development team to create and implement the video production infrastructure for future media and support day-to-day responsibilities of the larger Office of the CEO team. Through this work, the intern will gain exposure to storyboarding and creating operational and corporate training videos, practice change management skills for standardized practices around video production, and work collaboratively with cross-departmental teams.
As part of the Motivate Internship Program, you will also be paired with a mentor, have access to our full catalog of learning and development resources for professional development, and have 10% of your time dedicated to a person or professional development initiative of your choosing – whether that’s shadowing other departments, pitching a new process, or whatever else you believe will help you grow as a professional.
The Visual Media Content Creator is a largely in-person position at Motivate’s headquarters at Pier 40, as well as other NYC Locations as needed for filming. Interns at Motivate are paid $17-$19 per hour, dependent on experience.
Areas of Responsibility:
As the Videographer, you'll be responsible for the following:
- Creating visual media for internal marketing, and technical skills training for operational employees
- Promoting Motivate’s company-wide engagement survey through the development of promotional media
- Producing and editing technical training videos for asset repair
- Incorporating accessibility practices, such as closed captioning and video annotations
- Creating the infrastructure and standardizing protocols for video and media production for training and internal marketing purposes
- Current student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in either sophomore / junior year
- Authorized to work in the United States without restriction
- Ability to provide own housing and transportation
- Experience with visual, audio, and lighting equipment; video editing software; transportation of equipment; filming in diverse environments
- Managing multiple tasks and deadlines, attention to detail, ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to follow-up and maintain different lines of communication
- Enthusiasm for accessibility practices, video production, hands-on training, and creation of promotional material
Interested? Apply Now!
The above description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the role. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities to accomplish Motivate's mission.
Motivate LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, or any other legally protected status under applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law, as well as individuals who need an accommodation because of pregnancy. If you require assistance or reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department or the hiring manager.
Motivate LLC complies with the COVID vaccine mandate in New York City and will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.