The World News Intenship
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY ON OUR WEBSITE
GBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
The World is a one-hour, nationally distributed weekday radio public affairs program co-produced by GBH and PRX. The show offers a mix of news, features, interviews, and music from around the globe, developed specifically for an American audience. The World’s companion website, theworld.org, offers a similar mix of news and features along with slideshows, videos, blog posts, podcasts, and interactive graphics that expand on the radio content. The World and theworld.org use social media and other relevant tools to maximize user engagement and enhance the user experience.
The World is seeking a hardworking student eager in learning about and assisting with the process of getting a daily radio program on the air. This internship is an opportunity to work with broadcast professionals to learn the intricacies of reporting and producing short and long-format audio stories and series.
- Assist producers and editors with the daily editorial process
- Develop story ideas
- Conduct research across all beats
- Organize and secure stories from the audio library
- Prepare outlines, scripts, and sound for future audio obituaries
- Have excellent research, writing, and organizational skills
- A good work ethic
- Interest in global issues around culture, science, and history
- Possess the ability to work independently, take initiative, and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Adobe Audition, Creative Cloud software, or other editing tools
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects, tasks, and shifting priorities.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and apply them to daily tasks
- Personal integrity and ability to manage confidential information appropriately
- Eagerness to learn and grow
Paid Internship $15/hour (Part-time)
GBH internships provide students with valuable work experience and real-world knowledge across many different fields of study, from TV and radio production to web design, accounting, law, and other administrative areas.
- Fall 2022 Virtual Internship dates: September 12th through December 2nd.
- Candidates must have their own computer and access to Wi-Fi.
- Candidates must be in an Undergrad or Grad program and have work authorization for the United States.
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve are diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment, or promotion based on race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application Process Assistance
GBH will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate an accommodation request, contact the Human Resource department by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 617-300-2000.