Part-time News Producer/Editor
KETV Television, Omaha’s News Leader, has an immediate open for a part-time Producer/Editor.
This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring broadcast/digital journalist to start his or her career. This position involves support for KETV’s weekend morning newscasts, working pre-dawn hours on Saturday and Sunday. In addition, you would have the opportunity to pick-up another 8 hour shift during the week where you could define your role as a photojournalist, or producer in support of KETV news. KETV will offer training in all aspects of television and digital news production for this position. Experience with Adobe Premiere editing is a big plus for this position. KETV also can provide opportunities for video photography in the field if the candidate has an interest in this aspect of news production.
- Edit video for weekend morning newscasts
- Work in the production control room to time and execute a live newscast by interacting with production crews, anchors and producers.
- News writing for television newscasts and KETV digital platforms
- Schedule live interviews and live reports and gather information for news stories.
- This is an entry-level position. Beginners with the right skill-sets and interests will be considered.
- Candidates must be willing to work pre-dawn hours on Saturdays and Sundays
- Candidates must be willing to accept the pressures of television news deadlines, and work quickly, and efficiently
- Candidates must have be able to pay attention to details and follow directions.
- Strong grammar and writing skills
- An understanding of journalistic principles
- Ability to carry 30 pounds of camera equipment
- Willingness to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions on occasion
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
At Hearst Television we tell stories every day. Stories about people of all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and identities. That’s why, behind the scenes, we believe in being an organization as diverse and varied as the audience we reach, ensuring that the content we create is more compassionate, and more representative of the communities we serve.
Hearst Television owns and operates 33 television and two radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more. The radio stations are leaders in Baltimore news/talk and rock music listenership. Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry's premier companies and has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism, industry innovation, and community service. Hearst Television is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hearst.