Work in the heart of the Nation’s Capital - less than two blocks from the White House!
The Daily Caller News Foundation is seeking an entry-level professional to add to our business team.
The ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented and possesses excellent writing skills. Experience is not required.
The primary responsibilities may include:
- Assisting in organizing and planning events.
- Taking ownership of, and being responsible for, implementing successful and effective direct mail campaigns. This involves increasing the donor base through prospecting, and also retaining and increasing the support of existing supporters.
- Being responsible for donation input and donor records, and working with other staff members as necessary.
- Sending timely acknowledgements of donations to all donors.
- Researching funding sources, and identifying and reporting about potential donations from foundations, businesses and individuals.
- Assisting in donor communications, including newsletters, proposals and acknowledgment letters.
- Willingness to be cross-trained in other areas of fundraising.
- Other duties as needed.
The candidate should be a strong problem-solver and detail-oriented with above-average verbal and written communication skills. In addition to these attributes, we prefer candidates with the following:
- A college degree
- A desire to oversee fundraising campaigns, including organizing and tracking them to successful fruition.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to assist in a variety of donor communications
- The ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Excellent attention to details and deadlines.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- And a sense of purpose and humor.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should submit the following in one PDF file to CarterDewitt@DailyCallerNewsFoundation.org:
- A resume.
- A cover letter detailing your interest and your salary requirements.
About The Daily Caller News Foundation
Our mission is two-fold: First, we strive to be the country’s most innovative, successful, results-driven training program for up-and-coming journalists. We train, mentor and launch the next generation of reporters, all the while providing full-time salary and benefits. Second, we investigate and tell stories that are overlooked or intentionally ignored by the corporate media. We then push those stories through our 300-plus licensed media network partners to reach millions of Americans.
The results of our efforts can be seen not only in the size of our audience, but in the impact our reporting has made. Our content is relevant to the general public as well as lawmakers, prominent media figures and influential grassroots activists. Our work is disseminated through a growing global distribution network, driving conversations into homes and across the desks of policymakers. The goal is for our stories to provoke change, incite debate, and challenge partisans of all political stripes.
When we launched in 2011, local and regional newspapers were receding and national media companies were downsizing, unable to produce news that mattered to readers. In a short period of time, and in spite of this challenging operational environment, we raised a group of journalists committed to the guiding principles of individual liberty, limited government and free markets. Moreover, we are committed to producing trustworthy news reporting. We rival, and often exceed, traditional media outlets in terms of quality and impact.