Restaurant and Events Manager - Boston Harbor City Cruises
City Experiences is seeking a Restaurant and Events Manager for our Boston Harbor City Cruises operation in Boston, MA.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
The successful Restaurant and Events Manager oversees front-of-the-house cruise execution to ensure consistently high levels of quality, service and customer satisfaction while maintaining a high level of profitability.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages front-of-the-house staff, including recruitment, training, coaching/discipline, and retention.
- Rotates as shift manager on cruises and ensures adherence to procedures detailed in the Product Management Guide. This includes thorough pre-cruise preparation, adherence to cruise scripts, supervision of front-line staff, proper execution of food & beverage service, and entertainment.
- Gathers pertinent cruise event details from the other departments to ensure special guest requests are fulfilled thereby ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Conducts pre-cruise meetings and communicates to front-line staff all necessary information regarding the cruise (seating charts, special bar packages, boarding procedures, etc.).
- Ensures that staff and guests adhere to all safety standards and procedures.
- Ensures that staff is trained and consistently follows and adheres to proper alcohol service guidelines thereby ensuring the safety of each guest.
- Ensures that all staff consistently follows and adheres to all health department sanitation codes and requirements thereby maintaining the Company’s strict standards of sanitation.
- Resolves guest service issues by utilizing strong customer service skills and exercising diplomacy in keeping with company objective of customer retention.
- Observes and identifies line-staff that require further training and development to ensure proper and effective service.
- Recommends and executes approved programs that improve the level of service and product quality. Staff Management.
- Recruits all front-line staff when necessary to fill vacant positions.
- Delivers training to all new front-line staff.
- Schedules front-line staff according to staffing matrix.
- Adheres to Company’s performance management guidelines for all discipline and termination situations.
- Recommends to the F&B Director the promotion of front-line staff to full-time annual positions.
- Develops positive working relationships with city department heads and peers.
- Develops strong teamwork within the staff.
- Helps develop and execute employee incentive programs.
- Adheres to established cash control procedures and ensures standards are maintained.
- Monitors costs and maintains cost control for assigned areas of responsibility, i.e. bar costs, concessions, etc.
- Administers payroll system including scheduling, checking, transmitting and processing.
- Plans, negotiates and executes collateral duties as assigned by F&B Director: bar, laundry/linen, gift shop, uniforms, galley, entertainment; scheduling for servers, server assistants, bartenders and cruise directors.
- Schedules front-line staff work periods to achieve maximum payroll efficiency.
- Ensures that all states and local health and alcohol control requirements are met onboard and that all employees are familiar with these requirements.
- Attends all scheduled meetings.
- Operates all restaurant systems (PC, restaurant cost analysis software, cash registers).
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of total restaurant experience in full-service, high volume environment.
- Degree preferably in a discipline related to the work of the position OR equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years restaurant supervisory experience.
- Responsible alcohol service requirements. TIPS Certification required.
- Health department sanitations codes & requirements. ServSafe Certification required.
- Mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division) necessary to interpret reports and budgets.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Recruit front-line restaurant staff.
- Train, develop and motivate staff.
- Analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to comprehend and communicate job functions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by job responsibility.
- Provide advice/opinion and exercise discretion concerning confidential and sensitive matters.
- Listen effectively, assesses the situation, determine relevant issues, identify solutions and gain consensus.
- Set aside emotional factors and/or validate them in order to discover key/relevant issues.
- Work with Microsoft Office applications (especially Word & Excel).
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.