Fall 2022 Intern, CNN Domestic Show Teams
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, July 10 at 11:59 PM PST
This job posting is for the following show teams. By applying to this posting, you can be considered for any of the show teams listed below. If you have a preference, please specify in your cover letter.
- Anderson Cooper 360: Backed by the global resources of CNN, Anderson's anchor desk is Central Command for a 360-degree look at world events -- covering not only the day's top stories, but the fascinating, the unexpected and the underreported. This internship will be hybrid in NYC and candidates must be willing to work nights.
- Don Lemon Tonight: Our show is highly produced and fast-paced, bringing together sought-after guests with differing points of view for an energized, lively conversation every night. This internship will be hybrid in NYC and candidates must be willing to work overnight.
- Erin Burnett OutFront: Erin Burnett OutFront airs weeknights and is designed to showcase Erin's unique style--casual, smart, and confident--OutFront stays ahead of the headlines, delivering a show that's in-depth and informative. This internship will be in-person in NYC.
- Fareed Zakaria GPS: Fareed Zakaria GPS is CNN's award-winning flagship weekly show on world affairs and economics. Zakaria offers his take on international events and trends, moderate’s panels of thinkers, and interviews top global policymakers. This internship will be hybrid in NYC and candidates must be willing to work weekends.
- The Lead with Jake Tapper: The Lead airs at 4pm EST and covers a variety of stories and topic areas including international news, politics, business, sports and pop culture. This internship will be in-person based in the DC office.
- New Day: CNN’s early morning shows feature the latest news from a team of top journalists. Early Start and New Day are primarily live from Hudson Yards in Manhattan, featuring high-profile guests and CNN correspondents from around the world. This show is a live early morning show with very early work hours and overnight hours might be required. This internship will be in-person in NYC.
- Interns gain insight into the editorial process while interning for the CNN show teams.
- They strengthen their research skills while contributing to the show and participating in daily and future meetings.
- In production, interns learn how to transcribe tape, dub video, use the various CNN databases, write for air, and work with producers from story inception to finished package.
- Interns will book and greet show guests and assist in basic administrative tasks.
- The intern's schedules will vary and shift throughout their internship, so they can participate in all aspects of the show.
Candidates should be:
- Passionate about news
- Self-motivated and able to multitask
- Have a good attitude
- Able to function well in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- If you are submitting a cover letter with your application, please combine the resume and cover letter into one PDF document.
- Students must be currently enrolled in a college degree program for the full duration of the internship
- Fall 2022 program dates are October 3rd – December 9th; must be available for full program duration
- Part-time schedule (16-24 hours/week) required
- Company-issued computer or secured remote access provided for the duration of the internship program.
- Competitive salary; relocation is not provided
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals
- Engaging events including executive speaker sessions, professional development workshops, and more
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.