Risk Management Intern III
About this position:
We are seeking motivated and talented individuals who have an interest with RISK Management to assist with the daily operations of the business, special projects, and various assignments. This is a 30 hours a week paid-internship program that will run from June until September. The goal of this program is to help further develop your communication, leadership, and professional skills while gaining valuable real-world experience in a work environment for a dynamic organization.
As an Intern, you will work closely with a RISK Department Lead who will provide you with hands-on projects and daily tasks to help you become career ready. City of Carrollton is dedicated to developing successful and well-rounded leaders, and we strive to make this Internship as realistic and informative as possible.
- Maintain and update complex excel workbooks
- Review, and work with 3rd party broker on improving the policy schedules
- Certificate of insurance tracking
- Work with the department on other projects and duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and a strong customer-focused demeanor with demanding clientele.
- Excellent time management skills, detail-orientation and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills, along with advanced conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to articulate needs and convey information verbally and in writing effectively with employees, customers, supervisors, and co-workers throughout the organization.
- Knowledge of management methods and sound employee relations techniques with an ability to connect to staff, troubleshoot problems and help teams collaborate, as necessary.
- Able to work in an equitable, inclusive, and diverse environment. Legend Homes is committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity, including hiring talent from all backgrounds.
Education and Experience:
- Enrolled and currently attending an Associate Degree program, 2-year program, Community College, or 4-year program at a college or university.