General Political Consulting Intern
Are you looking for an internship opportunity that will give you a deep understanding of New York City Politics, and help you start your political career?
If so, the Elevation Strategies Political Consulting Internship is for you!
Elevation Strategies is a minority owned up and coming political firm that supports progressive candidates in New York City. We offer technical support to candidates in all five boroughs and in every level of local government through social media, field voter outreach, campaign power mapping, and other tailored needs to countless Democratic candidates. We operate with a small and limited team with each person on it specializing in a certain skill.
As an intern at Elevation, you will play an integral role in contributing to the framework of our firm. Real world political experience will boost your skill level when you enter the job market, which is why we require our interns to be diligent.
At Elevation Strategies, you will learn how to use research skills to further understand the political landscape, network, engage, and influence people, and tackle challenges with creative solutions and detailed analysis. The environment is team-based and extremely supportive, which makes Elevation a fun place to intern! Our interns do meaningful work, and are not just expected to file papers or go on coffee runs. There will be openings for full-time/part-time positions within the company as it expands in upcoming months.
This position focuses on multi-faceted immersion with the political process. As a political consulting intern you will be exposed to opposition, policy, and demographic research, social media tracking, direct voter contact, data entry, and fundraising work.
- Familiarity with Google drive and Excel
- Passion for Politics, especially New York City politics
- Basic understanding of English (secondary language is recommended)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and problem-solve
- Experience with social media platforms
- If you live in New York City, you must be able to work in-person
Orientation and training for the internship will cover the following:
- Interactions between candidates and established politicians
- Detailed research skills necessary for clients
- Organization of fundraisers and other political events
- Community outreach tactics between the Candidate and the field
- Knowledge of local city politics and the consulting sphere
- Detailed analysis of candidates both clients and opposition
- Phone banking and speaking to voters