Legal Clerkship Academy
Seeking bold pre-law and law students looking to gain valuable experience to add to their resume and open the door to future legal opportunities as a Clerk participating in CORPlaw’s Fall 2022 Legal Clerkship Program.
If you are a team player willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done, no matter the task, we’ll invest in you—helping you learn, grow, and gain experience at a cutting-edge law firm to boost your resume, professional network, and marketable skills.
If a future in business law, IP law, or general counsel is genuinely interesting to you, this program offers an incredible opportunity for career development you will not get anywhere else.
Some exclusive perks you’ll find that are unique to CORPlaw are CORPlaw U, our intensive training program and workshop, a series of special projects to give you experience in the legal career, a series of special projects to give you experience in the internal processes required to run a law firm, a unique high-profile work environment at our Brickell office, and a great culture that embraces disruption and spearheads innovation in the field. Check out this Blog Article for more details: https://www.corplaw.us/post/corplaw-legal-clerkship-program-a-new-twist-on-internships
If you read these statements and think, “Hey, that’s me!” then you may be the one we want
- You are a fantastic writer with a sickening degree of attention to detail;
- You’re in touch with your digital side and know how to work in a hybrid in-person/remote setting;
- You are very good with processes and following detailed instructions;
- You can work well with a team but also work on individual tasks with little to no hand-holding;
- You see an opportunity for structure where other people see disorganization;
- Your middle name is “No Drama”;
- You know how to leave your Ego at the door;
- You are eager to work in a close-knit team setting of experienced professionals;
- You are a quick learner with an appetite to learn and grow;
- You play all-in and stay away from half-assing tasks;
- You are capable of taking the lead, chasing down your supervisors (who are busy and not always in the office) to ask the questions you need to be answered, and take ownership of getting the job done;
- People who know you would describe you as “Reliable” and “Trustworthy”;
- You are an excellent juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly; and,
- You do not think menial tasks are “beneath you.”
- Develop and maintain databases of files and records;
- Take the responsibility on maintaining and updating our internal softwares;
- Take the lead on certain special internal or external projects involving marketing, business development, legal blogging or networking;
- Take part in projects involving various aspects of expanding and maintaining a high-growth law firm (e.g., help with developing and improving SOPs, create practical workflows that allow for automation of client communication and efficiency in drafting, etc.);
- Maintain correspondence between clients and company contacts;
- Participate in team speaking engagements as support to the team;
- Maintain strong communication between other clerks and supervisors;
- Follow policies and confidentiality dictations to safeguard data and information;
- Research and analyze issues as necessary to support attorneys, clients, etc.; and,
- Organize and maintain files to ensure information is up to date and deadlines are correctly docketed.
The following will be preferred and will optimize your experience in the program
- Eager to learn about the practice of law, interested in entrepreneurship and business law, willing to exchange time for mentorship and real training;
- Interest in working in a solo/small firm law firm, small business, or other entrepreneurial settings, finance or business degree;
- Comfortable navigating digital technology and new software with little supervision (candidate MUST have a computer that runs well and is able to integrate with all software used by the CORPlaw team);
- Strong organizational skills and research ability;
- Detail-oriented, prompt, professional, and available to timely complete projects;
- Great time management, prioritization, and multitasking abilities;¨
- Clear and professional communication via phone and email;
- Experience utilizing internal database systems and cloud-based software, for instance, shared drives such as Box;
- Experience with essential softwares (Office Suite, Zoom, Outlook) and ability to adapt to new softwares. We use ClioGrow, ClioManage, Canva, Adobe, LawMatics, Notion, and Box; and,
- English fluency (Spanish fluency a plus, but not required).
- Commit to a minimum of 20 hours a week for at least 3 full days at our Miami Brickell Office, Wednesdays are required. The other two days will be determined after we've made you an offer.
- Be available for mandatory full-day, fun, and intensive pre-internship training from Aug 15-19, 2022.
- Be able to work in person at our Miami Brickell office from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm for the full duration of the program
At a time when most law firms are unwilling to invest in junior talent, we are committed to providing current students the chance to EARN a place on our team, along with free access and in-depth hands-on training from our Super Star team. Many of our participants go on to earn paid positions with the firm and find a lot of value in our training program.
- Opportunity. We are a growing team, constantly seeking out top talent. Our Legal Clerkship Program is a feeder pool that provides Clerks the opportunity to grow into a paid position on our team. We prioritize the selection of talent from our top-performing Clerks and have offered our Clerks paid positions in the past. Those clerks who exceed our performance expectations will be considered for paid positions moving forward.
- Networking. As a clerk, you are recognized as a member of our team and will be treated as such. You will have access to work with our elite attorneys at CORPlaw, the opportunity to attend exclusive networking events (physically and virtually), and rare opportunities that will help you build your dream career.
- Experience. You will be granted the opportunity to work closely with well-rounded attorneys who provide priceless mentorship and educational opportunities to benefit individuals in their future professional careers. After one semester of extensive training and experience with our well-respected law firm, you can confidently cross off "gain some actual experience" from your ToDo list.
- Training. Interactive CORPlaw U workshops led by seasoned professionals to hone various real-world legal and business skills and give singular insight into what makes CORPlaw successful, including learning important skills like how to bill your time, the economics of a law firm, the parts of a law firm, detailed training to improve your practical writing ability and hands-on training on client communication.
“We take legal work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously.”
Our team at CORPlaw represents really cool companies (think crypto millionaires, high-growth tech start-ups, esports, influencers, etc.) as their full-service, litigation, and transactional, outside General Counsel. This isn't "door law". We don't touch family law, PI, criminal, etc., but we do offer a wide range of services to holistically advise clients as their fractional GCs (think employment, IP, contracts, raising capital, management of business disputes, and all areas where business and law collide).
Our tech-forward firm has a physical office space in the WeWork Brickell City Center and operates a hybrid in-person and remote team environment. Some of our staff are fully remote and some take advantage of, or otherwise simply prefer working from, an in-person space. We accommodate both options much to the appreciation of our modern team and clients. We embraced remote before a pandemic required it.
Our close-knit team consists of a group of overachieving perfectionists with a heavy focus on communication and accountability on all ends. You will find that we value nothing more than authenticity and respect from one another, egos are to be left at the door ALWAYS.
The Legal Clerkship Academy
One benefit of participating in the CORPlaw legal clerkship program is access to our unique Legal Clerkship Academy, our highly in-depth week-long training that has been perfected over years of trial and error. This week-long training experience is MANDATORY for any incoming clerks looking to join the team, please note that if you cannot fulfill the entire week-long training session you will be disqualified from the running, no exceptions. The date for our upcoming Fall training session will run from August 15 through August 19.
The Legal Clerkship has been meticulously crafted to teach the most important skills, characteristics, and foundational lessons required to not only hit the ground running on the first week but succeed throughout the program as a whole. The program is run by clerks who have undergone the same program and succeeded in achieving the paid position, needless to say, you will be in good hands.
If you made it this far in our position summary we will assume we have you hooked, so I’m sure you’re wondering: “what's next in the interview process?”
After you submit your application, you’ll receive an auto-generated email with the next steps.
Our company at CORPlaw represents really cool companies (think crypto millionaires, high-growth tech start-ups, esports, influencers, etc.) as their full-service, litigation, and transactional, outside General Counsel. This isn't "door law". We don't touch family law, PI, criminal, etc., but we do offer a wide range of services to holistically advise clients as their fractional GCs (think employment, IP, contracts, raising capital, management of business disputes, and all areas where business and law collide).
Our tech-forward firm has a physical office space in WeWork Brickell City Center and operates a hybrid in-person and remote team environment. Some of our staff are fully remote and some take advantage of or otherwise simply prefer working from an in-person space. We accommodate both options much to the appreciation of our modern team and clients. We embraced remote before a pandemic required it.