22-1311 On Air Brand Ambassador
Title: On Air Brand Ambassador
Overview: This position is the spokesperson for the WMBX brand and contributes to the expansion of brand recognition by facilitating the development of robust community partnerships and presence. The position builds strong civic connections in the community with radio and social media programming and presence. The position has an on-air presence.
Essential Job Duties:
- Host a weekly public affairs show and handle all assignments associated with the program (public affairs log, uploading audio podcasts and summary to the website). Regularly consume news and social media.
- Secure interviews that are important to the WMBX community
- Develop and manage PSA information and other relevant community information on-air and online.
- Daily social media and web postings
- In-studio and on-location call-ins during various on-air dayparts
- Record daily segments that are important to the WBMX community; segments to air during dayparts on the station
- Work with Sales and Promotions Departments to establish outside relationships for cross-promotional partnerships. Works on the development and execution of community growth strategies.
- Attend and participate in community events and projects while representing the station in a professional manner that projects desired station image
· Establish, build and maintain effective relationships to position station as a leader in the community both on-air and on digital/social media platforms.
· Maintain a high level of customer service when interacting with the general public, clients, and station at all times
· Report to work on time and works established schedule/hours
- Safely drive station vehicles and obey traffic laws
- Attend meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Complete other duties as requested
· 3-5 years of experience in communications, media, or related roles
· Highly motivated and strong passion for community service and understanding of the community served
· Exceptional organization and follow up skills, with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, make good judgment calls, pay attention to details, and manage time-sensitive material
· Experience working as a team member and independently with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships internally and externally
· Experience with developing and managing community strategies/campaign preferred
· Thorough skills in understanding and effectively utilizing all news/media mediums including broadcast news, the internet, social media, software, station equipment, and other emerging technologies
· Exceptional organization and follow up skills, with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize, make good judgment calls and manage time-sensitive material
· Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including a strong sense of a good story and understanding of the topics that may be of interest to the station target audience
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Able to project an appropriate professional appearance, and demeanor, and is able to connect with the audience in a positive way
· Takes direction from programming and takes initiative to move the community efforts forward when needed
· Ability to work on short deadlines, in pressure situations, and is a problem solver
· Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays (when needed).
· Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record as determined by the Company (driving record will be checked)
· The ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures
· Physical requirements
o Sit and stand for extended periods of time.
o Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
o Ability to hear clearly.
o Dexterity to manipulate computer and board keys and other office equipment.
o Must be able to drive station and own vehicles for work purposes.
o May lift boxes or other equipment up to 25 lbs
o Requires the ability to think critically, creatively, analyze data and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others.
o Ability to grasp, process and translate the landscape which drives the business