Web Production Associate - Editorial, Video, Podcasts (Remote)
Are you a tech-savvy sports fan with a sharp eye for detail? Would you like to join the team that helps to provide coverage for events like the NCAA Tournament, Super Bowl, Champions League and Europa League Soccer, Masters Golf Tournament and SEC College Football? We are seeking a Web Production Associate to lead all aspects of production operations for CBS Sports Digital’s multi-platform product offerings. The ideal candidate will have a robust understanding of, and interest in, all types of sports as well as production experience in maintaining and operating web sites and mobile applications.
As a member of CBS Sports Digital’s production and operations team, you will partner with the Podcast, Editorial and Video Production teams in a joint effort to promote and drive traffic to CBS Sports’ wealth of content. Using your operational background and knowledge of sports, you will also partner with our Engineering and Product teams to resolve product issues and innovate the delivery of data to our editorial, podcast and video content. You will schedule seasonal maintenance for all sports seasons based on the sports calendar, propose enhancements to existing tools and products, and oversee communication with outside vendors regarding data issues.
- Work closely with our Editorial, Video Production, Fantasy, and Data Tech teams to promote the best content offerings both effectively and efficiently within CBS Sports Digital’s suite of products across the navigation, home page, arena pages, mobile tabs, and key marketing areas.
- Complement editorial and video content by creating and generating original data by way of third party vendors or via internal content management resources.
- Understand the national sports calendar and is responsible for and on top of live events on CBSSports.com’s platforms.
- Partner with data science, product, design and engineering teams to generate original automated or manual data content, particularly where there are data gaps not provided by third-party vendors.
- Maintain a strong understanding of escalation procedures, and quickly assign website, mobile app and video smart TV application issues to the appropriate key internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and operate production-based tools that promote, correct, update or delete information and data to efficiently solve simple and complex problems
Key CBS Sports and Paramount + Projects:
- Soccer: the UEFA Champions and Europa Leagues, Serie A, NWSL, and US Women’s / Men's National Soccer Teams
- NFL: the Super Bowl
- College Basketball: NCAA Tournament
- College Football: focus on SEC Football
- Golf: The Masters and The PGA Championship
- An off-the-charts understanding of, and passion for, all sports, including football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer and golf
- The foresight and understanding to leverage tent-pole events like the Masters, World Cup Soccer, Olympics, Super Bowl, the NFL, and March Madness as opportunities to drive product growth
- Effective communication skills that drive partnerships with peers and senior management through e-mails, instant messaging and daily meetings.
- Ability to bring together a cross-functional and diverse group of stakeholders to innovate and solve product problems
- Ability to write thorough product requirements and run test scripts, and eloquently champion them to multiple stakeholders
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree with a focus on New Media technology, Public/Media Relations, Journalism, English or related field
You might also have –
- An understanding of Agile Project Management, writing User Stories, and submitting projects
- An understanding of podcasting, sports betting and gambling, and Fantasy sports
- Knowledge and understanding of capturing and presenting valuable KPIs
- Editorial, Product, Website Production, Video Production or Quality Assurance experience
- Experience in HTML and Photoshop
- A general knowledge in desktop, mobile web and mobile app products, and how each functions
- Ability to understand how api's and feeds work, and ability to identify issues before they become user-facing issues