Information Technology Recruiting Intern
AVID Technology Professionals (ATP) is looking for a proficient recruiter to focus on the addition of information technology specialists to our team. Positions to be filled are predominantly software and systems engineering jobs in Maryland, DC, and Virginia. These jobs are performed on United States federal government contracts. Examples can be viewed on our website at www.avidtec.com/careers.
· Manage ATP full-lifecycle recruiting process for technical, systems & software engineering and assorted IT positions, ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
· Types of candidates we like to hire: Software Developers, Systems Engineers, Systems Administrators, Network Engineers, Security Professionals, Testers, DevOps Professionals, Technical Writers, Etc.
· Lead the efforts to develop, implement, and execute hiring strategies for company.
· Strategize with managers and teammates in order to stay apprised of current business dynamics
· Partner effectively with HR teammates when working compensation, compliance, onboarding, and other processes.
· Source and recruit high-quality/highly-proficient talent, not only to meet the hiring goals of immediate needs, but also proactively, in order to build candidate pipeline for upcoming and future growth demands.
· Coordinate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs
· Source potential candidates through online channels (e.g. social platforms and professional networks)
· Plan interview and selection procedures, including screening calls, assessments and in-person interviews
· Assess candidate information, including resumes and contact details, using our Applicant Tracking System
· Design job descriptions and interview questions that reflect each position’s requirements
· Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events
· Forecast quarterly and annual hiring needs by department
· Foster long-term relationships with past applicants and potential candidates
· Great oral / written communication skills
· Highly organized individual
· Warm personality / highly patience / highly resilient individual
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in HR, Business Management, Information Technology, or related area of focus.
· Experience with various recruiting methods such as utilizing social media tools, organizing and executing ad hoc networking events, identifying industry experts and finding unique methods to engage with them, creating unique targeted sourcing campaigns, cold-calling candidates, etc.
· Desired – 2-3 years’ experience, including information technology recruiting candidates
· Ideal candidates will have some technical depth and a current network of candidates in government contracting.
· Knowledge of how to present but not oversell candidates to clients; influence clients’ decisions by acting as the subject matter expert on talent while avoiding dictating client decisions.
GPA of 3.2 desired
Must be United States citizen
Location: This is a work from home job. ATP is located in Columbia, MD (outside Washington DC)
How to Apply: Apply online as posted.
ATP offers a competitive compensation and benefit program.
ATP is an Equal Opportunity Employer