Campaign Internship - Elissa Slotkin for Congress
2022 Summer Internship
Elissa Slotkin for Congress is seeking passionate students ready to join the fight to re-elect Elissa in Michigan’s 7th Congressional District. Interns will be vital in mobilizing voters in preparation for the November 2022 Midterm Election.
About the Program
Interns will work alongside our skilled campaign team to plan and execute an ambitious plan to win in November. Interns will gain first-hand experience in campaign communication, finance, event management, and organizing. Hours are flexible and time commitment varies by availability. Interns will work in person/virtually out of the HQ, and possibly in satellite offices located across Michigan’s 7th Congressional District.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Empowering communities to make political change
• Drafting and executing creative plans to contact and mobilize voters
• Supporting fundraising and outreach activities
• Managing and executing phone banks, canvasses, text banks, and other voter contact efforts
• Monitoring media coverage and conducting research to guide communications strategy
• Learning to use the Voter Activation Network (VAN), a voter database system utilized by Democratic campaigns across the country
• Staffing the candidate at events across the district
Qualified candidates will have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, and a desire to make a meaningful impact in their local communities. All are encouraged to apply, regardless of experience. Candidates will be accepted on a rolling basis. Submit applications, including a resume and brief statement of interest at https://tinyurl.com/2022TeamSlotkinInternship with subject “Internship Application.” Email email@example.com with any questions.