Court Reporter- Columbus, OH
Law360, a LexisNexis company, is an online newswire for business lawyers that covers major litigation, transactions, and regulatory issues. Founded in 2004 and acquired by LexisNexis in 2012, Law360 is a cutting-edge organization and one of the fastest-growing subscription news services in the U.S. Our subscribers include the largest law firms in the U.S. and around the world, in-house counsel at major corporations, and key decision-makers in the government sector.
Law360 is seeking a reporter to cover developments in the federal and state courts in Columbus, Ohio. The Columbus, Ohio court reporter will be responsible for keeping track of cases in these courts, attending selected events, communicating with editors, and filing daily news stories.
- At least one year of full-time paid reporting experience and some court reporting or similar experience
- Demonstrated reporting and writing skills
- Experience reporting for a legal audience
- Experience writing under deadline pressure
- Researches, writes, produces and/or presents news items for publication/broadcast or feature reports covering a combination of genres (e.g., news, business/finance/economics, features/documentaries, sports and/or entertainment)
- Conducts research and interviews; often writes own scripts
- Typically works as a correspondent to cover events outside the media outlet's area
- Supports journalists and editors by researching news stories or preparing information for coverage
- Leads coverage teams and may perform own recording, photography, videography, and editing
Periodic travel between courthouses is expected. Court Reporters are required to arrange transportation for field travel and/or use their own personal vehicle.
Qualified candidates will be asked to complete writing and reporting tests electronically.
Law360 offers extensive training on legal topics. Business or legal reporting experience is not required. However, professional reporting experience and strong writing and analytical skills are required to succeed in this job.
Law360 offices are located in NYC, Washington DC, and Los Angeles. We offer a casual and flexible work environment, comprehensive benefits (including; medical, dental, generous paid time off, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and a pre-tax commuter program), and competitive salary.
Portfolio Media Inc.is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact accommodations @relx.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.