Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking a dynamic Medical Editor to join the Haymarket Medical Network to oversee the execution of news and feature content on EndocrinologyAdvisor.com, a website dedicated to providing news and feature content for an audience of clinicians specializing/interested in endocrinology. This position is based in our New York City office with some office-based working required.
The Haymarket Medical Editor is responsible for ensuring the integrity of content for an audience of healthcare practitioners (physicians, nurses, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and others). S/he will be responsible for editing news, feature articles, slideshows, polls, videos, quizzes, and podcasts distributed via online, mobile, and social media channels, with a goal of providing quality content that meets the informational needs of the brand’s professional audience of endocrinologists and other related healthcare providers. The Haymarket Medical Editor is also responsible for assessing the audience’s engagement in published content by using analytical tools and conducting outreach, and then tailoring editorial offerings to better meet the audience’s needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing a team of freelance medical journalists for news and feature content creation
- Independently creating feature content (e.g., disease overviews, clinician interviews, podcast episodes) Editing and fact-checking duties, including formatting, ensuring reference accuracy, adherence to AMA style, tagging, and collaboration with a multidisciplinary team to adhere to workflows to meet timelines and priorities
- Posting articles to WordPress (including tagging)
- Collaborating with external teams to ensure content is available for daily email newsletters and sponsored product newsletters
- Ensuring SEO through consistent use of best publishing practices and monitoring growth and performance using analytics tools (Google Analytics)
- Providing real-time coverage of major endocrinology meetings
- Overseeing the brand’s budget
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in English/Journalism/Communications or Biological Sciences; advanced degree and clinical experience desirable; experience in/exposure to endocrinology or related medical specialties preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in medical education/publishing/communication/advertising, with excellent ability to edit and fact check medical content, including full proficiency with AMA style
- Proficient at maintaining a robust volume of content and a steady daily flow of article publication
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening and analytical skills, and oral and written communication skills
- A successful record of handling multiple simultaneous projects and adhering to deadlines
- Experience as a strong team player who can work independently and cross-functionally within an organization and follow through on all assigned tasks
- Knowledge of SEO best practices, social media, and other digital promotional strategies
- Understanding of the needs of medical professional audiences, or demonstrated ability to identify the needs of a highly specialized audience; experience in content targeted to an audience of healthcare specialists
What We Offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid annual vacation, holiday and sick time off
- Comprehensive health plans including medical, dental and vision
- Competitive 401(k) investment options and generous company matching program
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee referral awards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities through industry-recognized programs
- A creative and passionate workplace and a fun, collaborative team environment
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.