Internship - Human Resources (Fall Term)
Intern – Human Resources
Finance and Administration
Director, Talent Management and Organizational Development
The following describes the various aspects of the designated job. Some or all of these aspects may be changed over time, with or without notice, at the sole discretion of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME).
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States (U.S.) on a full-time basis. The ACGME will not provide employment sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B Visa or other U.S. employment authorization).
Our goal is to provide meaningful, relevant, and challenging HR assignments that directly contribute to the ACGME’s objectives and HR strategic priorities. Interns work on real-world, project-based assignments that are designed to build HR competencies and allow them opportunities to showcase their contributions and growth. Our intern will develop an understanding of how a Human Resources Department operates through a hands-on learning opportunity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Support the develop and implement of needed forms for the various functions of human resources.
· Support the recruiting function, i.e., scheduling interviews, reviewing resumes, etc.,
· Update the ACGME employee organizational charts
· Update I:drive - data clean-up project
· Complete special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling obligations
· Identify opportunities to improve and refine HR policies, procedures, and programs
· Maintain all employee information in all forms of paper or electronic according to Human Resources guidelines and legal requirements
· Filing of all HR documents into proper location and maintain accuracy of filing.
· The HR Intern will also be expected to serve as an additional resource when needed in all team members HR.
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree or Masters’ degree program in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· The ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
· Possess superior organizational and workflow management skills, as well as proven project management skills.
· Possess a strong attention to detail and expert follow-up skills
· Able to compose and send clear, concise email messages, using proper formatting, excellent grammar, and syntax.
· Individual must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be maintain confidentiality.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL SETS, AND ABILITIES
· Strong attention to detail and expert follow-up skills.
· Demonstrated sound judgment, common sense and dependability.
· Ability to process existing and new information and apply information to novel situations.
· Skilled in working under tight timelines and comfortable balancing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
· Enthusiastic team player with a strong work ethic and demonstrated flexibility, particularly dealing with multiple cultures and over global time zones.
· Superior organizational and workflow management skills.
· This position is situated in a normal office environment with no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands.
· Most of the work performed is normally done in the ACGME office and/or home office with the typical physical demands of an office environment. During the COVID-19 pandemic, ACGME employees are working remotely until further notice. The employee must be able to work efficiently and effectively remotely.
The ACGME is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled and Veteran Employer. The ACGME welcomes differences in the form of gender, race, ethnicity, disability, geography, socioeconomic status, age, politics, religion, philosophy, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression status. All applicants who share this goal are encouraged to apply.