Web Design Intern
As a Web Design Intern, you will support the Creative Services department at General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems headquarters in-person located in St. Petersburg, FL. You will work on current projects around updating and editing content for the company’s websites, creating, and editing web page templates, and assisting in other web-related projects as necessary. You will gain hands-on experience in web design, content management, and planning and implementing marketing projects.
Major Position Responsibilities
- Using WordPress theme builder “Divi” to design, recommend and pitch improvements to new and existing features.
- Assist with creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Assist in troubleshooting issues on web-based systems.
- Update and edit website content, posts, and pages.
- Test and give feedback on new and existing technologies.
- Create prototypes and experiment with new technologies and features as assigned.
- We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate team player on the path to becoming a great Web Designer.
- Must be currently enrolled or accepted into a 2-4-year accredited college or university or have graduated in the last 6 months.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or technical certification in Marketing, Graphic Design, Web Design, or related fields.
- Proficient using Windows, Mac and Apple Products, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe suite.
- Experience with WordPress, Divi, HTML, and CSS is required.
- UI/UX design knowledge as a plus.
- Must have the ability to work independently to solve problems and learn new skills as required.
- Please provide a portfolio link with examples of web projects and/or UI designs.
If you require assistance or an accommodation for a disability covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act, please email email@example.com or call: 727-578-8295. Please note this contact information is for those requesting a reasonable accommodation while applying for a job, because of a covered disability. General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.