This is Buddi, an app seeking to better college students' mental well-being. We are a college student-based start-up making a positive change in the lives of our peers.
*Please note this internship is unpaid AND remote*
Buddi is building a student team to help create excitement and engagement with our app across college campuses. This is a great opportunity for you to tangibly contribute to the growth of an app designed to create a positive and beneficial atmosphere for college students.
The HR Coordinator supports multiple Human Resources Business Partners across a geographic region. This position is responsible for carrying out various HR programs and procedures for employees. Executes day-to-day Human Resources operations and serves as support for the employees. Support may be provided in-person, by phone, and/or via email.
- Ensures positive employee relations by proactive employee communication, prompt issue resolution and fair & equitable treatment. Serve as internal resource for employee inquiries. Direct employee, as necessary, to the appropriate resource
- Responsible for the administration of all job postings, utilizing the ATS system. Manage the hourly recruiting process from posting to onboarding.
- Responsible for the coordination of Leave Administration (FMLA, STD, CFRA, etc.), ensuring timely notification to the applicable parties (internal &/or external) are provided, the appropriate documentation is completed, and appropriate approvals are received. Prepare for Payroll amounts to be paid to employee during leave. Ensure consistent application of leave policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance of personnel files for current and former employees, ensuring
- Provides Affirmative Action administration support. Responsible for logging internal candidates/applications and managing ATS. In the case of OFCCP Audits, gathers and assembles data for all hourly positions, coordinates with internal and external legal counsel, and provides research support.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Talent Officer including file creation, filing and answering phones
- Assist with candidate prescreening activities, including, processing background checks and conducting employment verifications.
- Assist with the data entry in HRIS of all paperwork received from the HR Team including new hire paperwork, terminations, status changes, etc.
- Responsible for organizing all new hire paperwork and creating files for each new employee.
- Maintain human resources files and employee records.
- Respond to employment verification requests.
- Archive employee files based on established record retention policy.
- Post job openings with various job sites and maintaining tracking spreadsheet to ensure postings remain active as needed.
- Schedule interviews, including sending out calendar appointments, confirmation emails and preparing interview folders for candidates.
- Coordinate meetings, including scheduling, submitting video conference and hospitality requests, booking conference rooms and preparing materials.
- Assist with recruiting initiatives including assembly of materials for career fairs and assistance with coordination of events held at the Firm.
- Assist with Staff orientation preparation.
- Research employment laws for updates and inform team regarding new developments.
· Professional marketing experience
· Be a part of a company during an exciting stage of growth
· Letter of Recognition/Recommendation
· College Credit
Who are we looking for?
· An active college student
· Outgoing and Extrovert personality that is a good networker
· Positive and pro-active mentality
· Ability to work independently and has attention to detail
· Resourcefulness: knowing how to get the right information
This role is seeking a marketing intern who can:
· Find innovative, out-of-the-box ideas to market Buddi.
· Conduct high-quality, prompt efficient research.
· Utilize Google Suite application (Sheets, Docs, etc.)
· Work hard and have a lot of fun!
Buddi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.