Customer Success Internship (Paid) (100% remote - work from anywhere in US time zones)
CoinLedger is the leading tax reporting platform for cryptocurrency investors. Today, users leverage the platform to connect their exchanges, wallets, and crypto accounts to automatically pull in their transaction history and generate necessary tax reports with the click of a button.
CoinLedger has hundreds of thousands of users all over the world, has processed more than fifty billion dollars in cryptocurrency transactions, and has partnered up with some of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges and tax software companies in the industry—including Intuit TurboTax—in an effort to bring seamless crypto tax reporting to the mainstream.
We're an ambitious, young, and agile team with a vision of building an essential piece of infrastructure for the future of digital assets. We work very hard, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
The company is headquartered in Kansas City, MO; however, true to the ethos of the crypto culture in which we operate, our team is fully distributed with teammates in Austin, St. Louis, Portland, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Johannesburg, Zagreb, and more.
We are looking for interns to join our Customer Success team for the 2022 tax season (December 2022 - May 2023). As a member of our small, fast-paced team, you will have huge responsibility for shaping our customer support processes and working directly with CoinLedger users to ensure their success in using our software.
You will become an expert on all CoinLedger product offerings which will enable you to quickly troubleshoot issues and provide an amazing customer experience to all users. This is a paid internship position for college credit that offers the opportunity to gain experience at a fast-growing tech start up in the crypto industry. We are a fully remote team, so as an intern you will have flexibility in your work location and the opportunity to work alongside students from many different schools.
- Proactive Outreach: welcome new users to CoinLedger, provide delightful, and rapid support to users (primarily through Intercom). This includes reading and responding to customer queries via chat.
- Boost Retention: help customers with problems in calculating taxes on their cryptocurrency and highlighting processes that can be more customer-centric.
- Communication: champion the voice of the user in product development. Using your customer knowledge to help optimize customer engagement processes and contribute to CoinLedger’s overall strategy.
- Troubleshoot: empathize with users, quickly grasp the issues they’re facing, and help them overcome difficulties with the software. Maintaining and managing customer relationships and expectations.
- Product Development: Escalate bugs and software improvements to the engineering team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent and proficient in English
- Availability to dedicate a minimum of 20 hours per week on a minimum of 4 days a week (one weekend day included)
- Interest and knowledge in cryptocurrency/blockchain is a must
- Highly responsive to customer requests
- Positive attitude and desire to help people
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a bias towards action; desire to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- Tech savvy - you have an innate curiosity and can quickly adapt to new digital products
- Sense of humor - we love a good crypto meme!
- $16 per hour
- College credit
- Letters of recommendation from our CEO, Customer Success Manager, and Internship Directors
- Detailed endorsements on LinkedIn for skills demonstrated on the job
During your first month you will develop expert knowledge of our customers, our product, our Customer Success team, and CoinLedger as a company. Specific performance benchmarks during this time include:
- Respond to 5 chats per hour
- Independently resolve 25% of tickets
- Demonstrate independent research skills and the ability to manage your own learning process. This means proactively identifying your own knowledge gaps and then leveraging all available resources to get further clarification - including our Customer Success handbook, Slack channels, and your fellow teammates.
- Maintain an active presence on our company’s social media pages by liking posts, commenting, and reposting to increase engagement on our accounts
- Actively contribute to our team meetings with insightful questions
- Demonstrate habits of a great remote team member - punctuality in starting your shift, efficiency in reviewing our daily team updates, regularly checking in with your team lead and other teammates
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and our product so that you can clearly articulate their needs and how our product addresses those pain points
During the second month the focus is on deepening and applying your product knowledge. As you learn the product inside and out, you will increase productivity with customers and help us to scale out processes for delivering customer feedback to relevant teams. These new goals will include:
- Respond to 10 chats per hour
- Independently resolve 70% of tickets while proactively consulting with other team members on other ticket types that require further clarification
- Maintain a 70% average CSAT score for 2 weeks or more
- Contribute to one piece of internal documentation for improving team processes - troubleshooting workflows, task management workflows, team updates
- Contribute to one piece of external documentation for directly communicating with customers - template responses to customers, website blogs, help center guides
- Troubleshooting - Independently identify and escalate one software bug or product limitation to the engineering teams
After becoming a pro in all things related to customer success, we will begin introducing you to other tasks at CoinLedger and presenting the opportunity to develop your other skills in different parts of our company and contribute to the team's development. Those who truly excel in this phase of the position will find more opportunities in our company down the road! The most successful interns by this time will be able to:
- Respond to 10 chats per hour
- Independently resolve 90% of tickets while proactively documenting the answers you received for the remaining ticket types that required extra help. Documenting these knowledge gaps ensures that the entire team benefits from your learning process.
- Maintain an 85% average CSAT score for 2 weeks or more
- Product development - identify one new feature to improve user experience and boost retention for our customers
- Execute on 10 customer engagement requests per week (Trustpilot reviews, UX interviews, etc.)
If you think you'd be a good fit for this role please tell us more specifics in your cover letter!
Apply here: https://coinledger.applytojob.com/apply/M8zWn85TJe/Customer-Success-Internship