Who We Are: AM Pierce & Associates and Applied Technologies Group (ATG), a wholly owned subsidiary of AM Pierce and Associates, is a woman-owned small business providing Engineering & Research, Cyber, C5ISR, Program & Acquisition Management services and solutions to a diverse government and industry client base. We are a stable and growing company who offers our employees a rich benefits package, supportive and flexible work environment and the opportunity to work with experts in their field.
The Position: Applied Technologies Group, Inc. (ATG), a wholly owned subsidiary of AM Pierce and Associates, is a government service provider located in Huntsville, Alabama. ATG is currently seeking a candidate to apply research and communication skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support various writing activities.
The Location: Huntsville, Alabama/ California, Maryland: Best Places to Live
- The Description: Ensures top quality assistance to business entities for proposal development, document preparation and proofing, and internal publications work order management.
- Assist corporate leadership on proposal development projects to develop compliant, compelling proposals.
- Research and understand Statements of Work (SOW)/Performance Work Statements (PWSs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFI), and other proposal requests from US Government customers and prime contractors/teammate.
- Prepare and participate in proposal kickoff and debrief meetings, as well as color team reviews.
- Write, review, edit, and recommend changes to proposals, white papers, RFI responses, Sources Sought submissions, and other technical documents.
- Create writing templates and other proposal tools, such as document outlines and compliance matrices.
- Assist in maintenance of the publications database for sample proposals, past performance, skills tracking, capture plans, and other business development tools and documents.
- Assist in maintaining the corporate opportunity pipeline.
- Translates complex ideas into easily understandable text.
- Assist in the development of charts, diagrams, and other visual aids to help communicate technical concepts.
- Research, develop, edit and maintain written policies, newsletters, and publications such as news releases for the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the education and experience below:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Business Administration or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in performing similar tasks in a DoD contractor company.
- Proven experience developing winning proposals for EXPRESS contract and task orders.
- Flexibility to occasionally work a non-standard work schedule and extended hours.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of English grammar, readability and effectiveness of language.
- Excellent written, proofreading and editing skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Experience preparing and briefing reports for corporate senior leader.
- Experience in document design and desktop publishing.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Software skills to include Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Capable of conducting independent analyses, evaluation, and assessment.
- Strong work ethic and desire to excel and keep growing over time.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if required.
Telework arrangements are possible. The physical environment requires the employee to work inside the office space, at a desk for the majority of the workday. The Candidate may be required to work long hours (evenings) and/or weekends to meet strict deadlines, for example during peak proposal activity. In rare occasions, travel may be required.
AM Pierce & Associates and Applied Technologies Group (ATG),a wholly owned subsidiary of AM Pierce and Associates, comply with all Federal and State laws and regulations concerning Affirmative action and workplace equal opportunity; in further detail, AM Pierce & Associates and ATG do not discriminate in employment decisions (to include applicants and employees) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, disability or protected veteran status. AM Pierce & Associates and ATG take affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of employment. AM Pierce & Associates and ATG do not take adverse employment actions against applicants and employees for asking about, discussing, or sharing information about their pay or the pay of their co-workers. For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process may call 240-718-3800.
AM Pierce & Associates and ATG verifies employment eligibility through E-Verify. Check out our E-Verify Right to Work Brochure.
This is a full time position