Winter/Spring 2022-2023 UX/UI Web Design Student (Apply via website - All States Welcomed)
UX/UI Web Design Student
Are you sick of not hearing from “Internships”, getting coffee, doing small tasks, and not getting hands-on experience? Join Dim University; a free portfolio school focused on getting you the hands-on experience YOU want! Our program is designed to meet you where you are at and give YOU a chance in the industry of your dreams. Whether you are virtual, in-person, or hybrid. By the end of the program, you will have connected with people in your industry, built relationships, and created a strong portfolio to secure THE JOB YOU WANT!
- Even though this is a portfolio school; can I still get credit? Most likely yes, check with your supervisor at your institution
- Will I get hands-on experience? We are able to provide our students with hands-on experience because everything we create is to give back to future and current students in the community. Who better to create, inspire, and facilitate experiences than other students of life.
- How do I meet people in my dream career? By attending our career panels, workshops, and watching our content online.
- Is this a school or an internship? We technically do not consider our program an internship, but it provides similar and/or more experience than your average internship.
Work on creating a smooth user experience for students and developing innovation on how to interact with them on our website. While being able to Actually use the work for your portfolio? Each program becomes a mini agency of students from all across the world (We have a hybrid program where remote students gain just as much experience as those students in the Chicagoland area) and all different skills come together to strategize and work on projects, that build Dim and client brands.
If you are the type of person who is looking for real-life experiences that help you and others learn, connect with career professionals, and create paths to get to your dream careers, then this is the program for you.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Job duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Design projects to showcase, content, weekly updates, and product releases
- Work with content creators (Producers, Directors, Writers) to create a brand for their ideas
- Create branded campaigns that can be shared on the website (Logos, video flyers, etc.)
- Assist in the ideation process of creating content visual assets
- Brainstorm with team members and provide feedback to other students in the program
Qualifications We'd Love You To Have:
- Willingness to learn
- 1-2 years of graphic design experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Self-Motivated (Very Important)
- Professional and Polished
- Flexible scheduled
- Strong research skills
- Strong communication skills
- Receptivity to Feedback
- Ability to broaden the spectrum of design (brand identity proposal, logo design, poster design, product design, etc.)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Background or experience in web design is preferred but not required
- Gain the confidence you need to interview for roles you deserve
- Learn how to confidently network by telling your story
- Ability to understand and create a brand messaging strategy for a client
- Experience at least 3+ Client Meeting
- Learn how to create a marketing story for clients
- Opportunities to experiment and expand Graphic designing styles
- Creative additions to your portfolio