Golf Course Concessions Assistant Manager
We are hiring for the North and South Park Golf Courses
The Concessions Managers will be responsible for maintaining the daily operations and providing quality service at the Golf Course Concessions and Pool Concessions. The facilities will remain open throughout the golf season (late March – late October) including evenings, weekends, and holidays. Food service will include breakfast, prepared food, snacks, and beverage service – including alcohol.
• Schedule and supervise employees • Interact effectively with members of the public • Ensure employees obtain and maintain proper food service and alcohol service certifications • Work in collaboration with Concessionaire Manager and golf course manager to determine closures based on weather, maintain cleanliness, communicate regularly about events/outings, and provide outstanding service members of the public • Ensure equipment is in good working order • Order and monitor inventory; provide inventory reports • Maintain and adjust menu items as necessary • Store, serve, and dispose of food in compliance with County Health Department standards • Oversee cleaning of kitchen and dining areas throughout the day • Report unresolved issues to management in a timely manner Great Golf Course Jobs • Performs other related work as requested or required. Knowledge of: • Food safety standards and practices • Responsible alcohol management practices • Cash handling and reconciliation procedures Ability to: • Multi-task and handle stressful situations; utilize time-management skills • Communicate well both orally and in writing • Effectively manage employees • Interact well with supervisors, co-workers, outside agencies, and the public • Work flexible and extended hours, including weekends and holidays
An Associate degree in Hospitality Management AND one year of managerial experience in the food service industry OR three years of experience in food service management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
• Must be ServSafe Food Protection Management certified (or within 30 days of hire)
• Must have RAMP (Responsible Alcohol Management Practices) (or within 30 days of hire)
Job Type: Temporary
Hourly Wage: $14-$16/hour based on experience and certifications.
Questions? Contact the Parks Recreation Office at 412-350-2468.
Ready to apply?
1. Complete the Seasonal Employment Application.
2. Email ParksSeasonalEmployment@alleghenycounty.us with the job title in the subject line.