Ethereum Blockchain Developer Intern (Smart Contracts, DeFi, Web3)
Token Metrics provides AI-based cryptocurrency ratings and price predictions. Our customers leverage our professional analysts, analytics, and artificial intelligence to become smarter crypto investors.
Token Metrics is seeking an Ethereum Blockchain Developer Intern to help our team with Ethereum smart contract and protocol development.
Development tasks will involve programming Ethereum smart contracts, tokens, protocols, and more. We’re developing some of the cryptocurrency techniques that will become industry standard, and we want you to help us.
If you're the right person, you've got a passion for blockchain, open source, and decentralized finance, have strong development and code skills and the ability to communicate well.
As a blockchain engineer, you’ll work directly with the company’s CTO, CEO, and an experienced technical team who are all committed to building world changing decentralized infrastructure. You’ll develop and build highly scalable, secure, and reliable software that will change the way smart contracts function at a fundamental level. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and master the latest research concerning distributed systems, cryptography, blockchains, game theory, consensus algorithms, and decentralized applications. You will be given a high level of autonomy/ownership over your projects, the opportunity to expand your scope of knowledge and the chance to help build the decentralized infrastructure of the future.
- Designing and implementing new features within the product such as cryptocurrency staking, the aggregation of external data in various blockchain environments, and many more problems
- Thinking creatively about attack vectors, possible failures and disaster scenarios, modeling them in reproducible test environments, and developing fixes
- Modeling and developing user behaviors
- Managing the architectural vision for a decentralized investment platform
- Implementing resilient distributed systems to achieve extremely high reliability in a variety of blockchain environments
- Professional software development experience
- Major in computer science, software engineering or related technical field
- Experience with test driven development and the use of testing frameworks
- Experience developing complex web applications / services and backend APIs
- Knowledge of systems design concepts
- Experience with distributed systems and/or container orchestration
- Strong communication skills, specifically giving/receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience building highly-concurrent systems, particularly those employing the “communicating sequential processes” (CSP) model
- Professional experience with Golang, TypeScript, Solidity, Rust, Docker, Postgres
- Concrete experience interacting with Ethereum and other blockchains
- Ability to optimize and refactor for scaling and/or testability
- Experience defining security strategies and securing high-value systems
- Excitement for blockchain, Web 3.0, and similar decentralized technologies
- Comfort with pair programming
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Passion for open source
- Comfort working remotely in a distributed team