Social Media Intern
Everytown for Gun Safety is hiring a Social Media Intern to support our national social media team. The ideal person for this role will be a strong writer with the ability to support social media team members in content creation and scheduling, social platform community management, and other tasks as assigned. The position will report to the Social Media Manager and sits on the national social media team as part of the digital campaigns team, and is based in our New York City or DC office, with an option to work remotely for 25 hours a week.
In this role you will:
- Community management of National Social Media Accounts
- Respond to questions on how to get involved
- Support with blocking trolls, especially on survivor content
- Check DMs, and respond when appropriate
- Keep a temperature check on national conversation around GVP
- Flag any concerns
- Flag content that can be repurposed
- Create long-form content that tells the story of our grassroots movement, such as drafting blogs to elevate important, influential voices in our movement.
- Create short-form social media content to support all brands—Everytown, Moms Demand Action, and Students Demand Action—on an as-needed basis.
- Students Demand Action TikTok Content Creator
- Willing to be on camera and the face of Students
- Create content that will appeal to students and young people
- Advise on strategies to build TikTok audience
You should have:
- A mindset for inclusivity, equity and trying new things online
- Excitement around reaching new audiences
- Experience creating content and using social media platforms
The pay rate for this role is $20.00 per hour.
Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund (“Everytown for Gun Safety”) is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the nation with nearly ten million supporters, including parents, students, survivors, educators, gun owners, and Americans fighting for common sense gun safety. Through victories in Congress, statehouses, corporate America, the courts, and town halls across the country, Everytown is helping change how Americans think about this public health threat. At the core of Everytown is Moms Demand Action, a grassroots movement of American mothers founded the day after the Sandy Hook tragedy, and Students Demand Action. Learn more at everytown.org and follow us @Everytown.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.