District Executive - Newnan, Georgia
Impact your community and the lives of thousands of youth and families through employment as a District Executive. This is a professional entry-level position that will provide the right candidate a variety of exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth and development. The Boy Scouts of America is a national leader among non-profits and is committed to the development of entry-level employees allowing them the chance to truly be the “CEO” of their assigned area.
The District Executive will work with an existing team of volunteers and staff to ensure that vibrant youth programs exist in the eight counties served by the Flint River Council.
We are currently seeking a candidate for our Coweta District serving the cities of Newnan, and Senoia. The Coweta District is an outstanding District in the BSA movement with a very high participation rate and a significant fundraising base.
- Work with a volunteer board of directors and other community and business leaders to plan for the success of Scouting in the district.
- Secure adequate financial support for Scouting through fundraising special events and campaigns.
- Build and maintain relationships with a variety of schools, civic organizations, and churches to support Scouting.
- Provide quality service to volunteers through communication, coaching, and training.
- Succeed in a goal and objective-driven environment.
- Be comfortable in public settings and working with a wide variety of people
- The ability to be organized, self-motivated, and responsible are critical.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference, and motor vehicle background checks.
- Coweta County, Georgia and Griffin, Georgia
All BSA Councils are equal opportunity employers.
Compensation starts at $50,000 with performance-based raises and promotions.
Benefits will include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, and Employee Assistance Program plus compensation for authorized and approved business-related expenses including mileage reimbursement. The Longhorn Council reimburses cell phone expenses $75 per month and business mileage at the $.625 monthly. Additionally, a generous vacation policy and ten holiday observances in offered.
How to apply: Qualified candidates must submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.