R-9428 Assistant Director of Development Office of Institutional Advancement and Community Relations
Posting Date: November 9, 2022
Blind or visually impaired and/or deaf or hard of hearing candidates are encouraged to apply for this position and may be given preference in hiring as permitted by federal laws. Information related to disability is not required, and if disclosed voluntarily, will be used only in AIDB’s efforts to create opportunities for disabled individuals. Non-disclosure will not subject any applicant to adverse treatment.
POSITION: Assistant Director of Development
Office of Institutional Advancement and Community Relations
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world’s most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multidisabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 36,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are among the organization’s most valuable assets and resources. We share compassion for leveling the playing field for all. Our mission makes AIDB a unique place to work and we invite you to be a part of the miracles that happen every day. The Assistant Director of Development will assist the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement and Community Relations in the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive fundraising program, including, but not limited to, the coordination and oversight of the annual giving program, direct mail, electronic fundraising, donor cultivation visits, proposals and solicitations, private grants, events and activities. This position will be responsible for a portfolio of donors and measurable annual fundraising goals must be met.
You will assist in the coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, phone/mail, personal visitation and volunteer/board engagement, all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support, in collaboration with the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement and Community Relations
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, public relations, social services or a related field.
· Minimum of two (2) years’ successful professional experience in direct education fundraising or non-profit fundraising.
· Must demonstrate fundraising skills thru resume by supplying range of dollar gifts raised annually over the last two to five years, including largest gift raised within that time.
· Strong writing, speaking and human relations skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently, within a team environment and with a wide range of people and groups; self-starter.
· Ability to provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism and high achievement.
· Proficient use of computer technology related to word processing, data management and research, social media and e-marketing and publishing/design. Knowledge of Donor Perfect software a plus; prospect research experience a plus.
· Demonstrated analytical and fund raising skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals.
· Master’s degree in marketing, communication, public relations or a related field.
· Experience working with individuals with sensory impairments.
· Five (5) years’ or more of direct fundraising experience.
· In collaboration with Executive Director of Institutional Advancement and Community Relations, set annual fundraising goals.
· Develop and implement weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reporting system for all fundraising activities for which the position is responsible.
· Assist in the planning for continued growth and expansion of the AIDB Foundation President’s Council annual fund program.
· Manage a prospect pool of potential annual fund donors with annual goals for personal visits and giving outcomes.
· Direct oversight of stewardship, donor recognition and prospect mining efforts including direct supervision of Database and Prospect Relations Specialist.
· Coordinate and direct special event fundraising activities.
· Work with the Institutional Advancement team in coordinating and developing other AIDB events, activities and projects as assigned.
· Coordinate and direct annual AIDB Employee Giving Campaign.
· Coordinate fundraising activities as assigned by Office of the President and/or Vice President.
· Coordinate and direct grants and special fundraising programs for the Marianna Greene Henry Special Equestrian Foundation.
· Development and writing of fundraising and development materials, grants and proposals, as assigned.
· Interface with other areas of AIDB in developing fundraising priorities and funding opportunities.
· Participate in community relations efforts; present or coordinate programs to nurture relationships with service or civic organizations.
· Support the public relations and fundraising initiatives of the Institute.
· Willing and able to travel during work day; some nights and weekends, as required.
· Other duties as assigned by Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Advancement.
· Must obtain within the first thirty (36) months of employment a sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL according to the AIDB evaluation system. Training is provided.
· Upon offer of employment, the applicant must submit to a fingerprint background check at an agency designated and paid by AIDB
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Institutional Advancement and Community Relations
BENEFITS: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available
Alabama State TRS Retirement
Deferred Compensation Options Available
Paid Time Off
SALARY $51,516 - $68,726 PI Scale 52 Rank
Direct deposit is required
· Health, dental, and vision insurance available
· TRS retirement
· Deferred compensation options available
· Paid time off
This is a non-exempt position and is subject to overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: December 9,2022
Click Below to Apply: