Summer Sales Internship
**OVER 50 LOCATIONS WITHIN THE U.S. TO CHOOSE FROM, APPLY NOW!**
Link to application: https://apply.workable.com/plastics-family-americas/j/BF0F8165F9/
POSITION: Summer Sales Internship
About the role:
The Summer Sales Internship is a 10-12 week long in-office program that offers a unique opportunity for an intern to experience every aspect of the business. By working with the sales team, shadowing the General Manager, and understanding the warehouse operations, you will get a full view into the day-to-day success of the business. During the internship, you will have the opportunity to participate in many activities designed specifically to enhance your knowledge of Polymershapes, our products, and your local area. The internship will provide exposure within areas such as sales, customer service, order entry, order management, inventory management, and others. As the largest single-branded plastics distributor globally, we can provide real-world challenges and rewarding intern experiences to candidates from a variety of colleges and universities while offering a competitive salary.
What you’ll do:
· Learn and apply the Polymershapes sales cycle
· Conduct market research
· Attend training sessions to enhance your sales and product knowledge
· Collaborate with other Polymershapes sales interns through bi-weekly Zoom calls
· Travel to the Charlotte headquarters and other off-site training activities
· Perform other duties as assigned
We are looking for passionate leaders who bring initiative and creativity while putting the customer at the center of all they do!
What you’ll need:
· Excitement for a consultative, relationship-based sales role
· Positive and enthusiastic attitude with an eagerness to learn and grow
· Strong business writing and verbal communication skills
· High level of honesty and integrity
· (Preferred) – Working towards a BA or BS Degree (Business, Sales, Marketing, etc.)
What you’ll get:
· Sales interns at Polymershapes are paid $18/hour
· Housing and relocation assistance available if relocating
· Consideration for full-time employment
Who are we?
Polymershapes is the leading distributor of plastic sheet, rod, tube, film, and associated products with over 75 years of industry-leading heritage. Through our network of 80+ stocking facilities located throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, and Chile, we provide thousands of diverse customers and industries access to extensive local inventory from world-class supplier partners.
We have plastic distribution’s most knowledgeable and highly trained sales and customer service team. We offer expert conversion capabilities including cut-to-size sheets, film reel conversion, and CNC routing and machining. We consistently deliver innovative solutions to our customers because at Polymershapes, You’re the Center of All We Do!
What makes Polymershapes a great place to work?
We invest in YOU. Our team is dedicated to supporting new members as we expand. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures and therefore aspire to build an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional, enabling them to take on tasks that are more complex in the future.
· Exposure to sales and executive leadership
· Protected territories that are assigned exclusively to you
· Ongoing qualified leads
· Defined career paths that promote growth and advancement
“We are employees that wear many hats, and there are no two days that are alike. With such a diverse work environment, there leaves zero opportunity to feel daunted by work life. Whether that be an item that needs to be fabricated, an order that needs to fulfilled, or a customer’s wildest idea that needs to be brought to life; we are there to make it happen.”
–Jack Nowaczewski | Inside Sales Representative, Knoxville