Global Continuous Improvement Intern - 2023 Summer Program
The Career Potential
We are excited to announce that Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is now becoming QuidelOrtho! This transaction will bring together two world-class teams and complementary product portfolios to serve patients around the world.
Ortho Clinical Diagnostics is committed to improving and saving lives with diagnostics. To do this we hire people who share this dream and are ready for new adventures. As a valued team member, you will carve your own career path and be part of building this company stronger and better than ever before. There is no limit to the experiences, opportunities and new directions you will have access to here at Ortho Clinical Diagnostics. More importantly, you will be driving the surge of a whole new direction in important medicine. That’s something we can all take pride in as we take this journey together.
Ortho is known in the industry as a leader in customer service and support. Deeply understanding and exceeding the needs of our clinical lab, hospital and blood bank customers is what we do. It’s who we are. If you join Ortho, no matter what your role, you will be expected to keep that Customer Excellence focus in your work.
As QuidelOrtho continues to grow, we are seeking a Global Continuous Improvement Intern to be part of our 2023 summer internship program. This position is onsite in San Diego, CA.
- Support the Global QuidelOrtho Improvement Culture Organization to expand training and tool development for the entire organization
- Development of Continuous Improvement Content (training, tools, templates, etc.)
- Special Projects (kaizen events, strategy, synergy, dashboards, etc.)
The Job Deliverables
- Completed training, tools, templates
- Output from events and special projects
- The intern will present a poster on his/her work.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program majoring in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Quality, or a related field.
- Minimum Year in school: Sophomore
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Operations Management, Engineering, or related coursework
- Microsoft and/or Project Management Systems
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Interns should be prepared to fully commit to the start and end dates proposed
- Interns are expected to provide their housing, travel, and any other requirements necessary for their participation in this program
• Exposure to Lean and Six Sigma Principles
• Lean or Kaizen participation
• Leading and participating in teams experience
The pay range for the Internship Program is between $16/hr. to $30/hr., The pay rate will be determined by the year in school, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the candidate. Benefits are not included for this position.