Marketing & PR Intern *Remote Opportunity*
USQ seeks a Marketing & PR intern for the 2022-23 season with strong organizational skills and
attention to detail to help advertise our events for the season among other projects. USQ is a
fully remote organization; the intern can be located anywhere in the United States. This position
will work closely with the Executive Director and Marketing & PR Manager.
This position will require up to 10 hours of work per week, though some weeks may vary slightly.
The intern will be able to have a flexible schedule, with some virtual meetings and possible
travel to events (if needed, and if availability allows). This internship is from January 2022 - May
2023 (with opportunity to start sooner if available).
US Quadball is the national governing body for the sport of quadball. USQ advances the sport
by organizing events and programs that build community and empower adult and youth athletes
of all identities, including all races and genders, to compete together. A 501(c)(3) nonprofit
founded in 2010, US Quadball serves an average of 2,500 athletes and 100 teams each season
nationwide and provides a range of programs and services.
● Provide assistance with the execution of USQ’s PR strategy
● Provide strategic input and feedback on marketing initiatives
● Creating graphics for social media/email outreach
● Update and maintain USQ’s social media pages
● Create and distribute press releases and media pitches
● Manage and update media lists
● Assist in administrative duties
● Marketing/PR/Communications major or minor; or relevant experience
● Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
● Comfortable working on multiple social media platforms (TikTok, Instagram,
Facebook, Twitter) and digital collaboration tools like Slack and Google Drive
● Knowledge or willingness to learn Canva
● Hard-working and team-oriented
● Passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion values, including supporting transgender
and nonbinary athletes, coaches, officials, volunteers, and other members of the
● Practical experience on social media and PR campaigns, specially in the sports
● Mentoring and training opportunities with experienced, knowledgeable professionals
● Opportunity to network with individuals across the country
● Flexible schedule for students
● Ability to earn college credit
● When they assist at a USQ event, they get free housing and other perks. Travel is
encouraged but not required for this role
Applicants can apply directly in Handshake, or please send a resume to email@example.com. A cover letter is optional, but not required. Ensure your email title mentions ‘Marketing & PR Internship Application’.