Computer Science / Software Engineering Internship
Software Engineering Internship
Work REMOTELY from anywhere
Marketeq is a startup company with headquarters in Miami FL, USA, expanding and hiring great people who enjoy working from home. Become part of a fast-growing company where you learn, grow, create, and enjoy doing what you love. Imagine success, where your code is used by millions of people worldwide.
We offer unique opportunities with flexible work hours, incredible growth opportunities, no income ceiling, agile environment, team spirit, and empowering corporate culture. A dream job is one that you love what you do, working with people you like to work with, creating a product that is changing millions of people’s lives.
Our Fast Growing company headquartered in Miami FL, USA is expanding our global workforce. We are looking for hard-working, intelligent, creative people with excellent communication, marketing, and tech-savvy skills. If you are creative, motivated, positive & friendly, and crazy about design, this is for you.
Why join us
We are a People First and Agile Company first and foremost!
Working at Marketeq can accelerate your career and you’ll work with world-class talent. We’re a team that loves what we do, and we all thrive on our ability to make an impact. There are many benefits that come with working with us such as working from home, an incredible team, great company, and awesome leaders. This is a flexible design internship where you can participate for 90 days, 6 months, or up to 1 year.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to quickly build up your software engineering experience, knowledge, and skillset, this is the place to do it. For the duration of the internship, you will be heavily involved in developing cloud architecture, micro-services, api's, and code review.
Gain valuable experience from participating in sprint planning, sprint demos, improvements to our tech stack, documentation, and much more… This in-depth design internship is like no other, don’t expect anyone to ask you to bring us coffee, this is as close as you’re gonna get to working in a real saas product team.
Marketeq's engineering teams are responsible for creating and maintaining a scalable and reliable platform. Engineering works to build interactive products for the worldwide learner community. As an engineer intern at Marketeq, you will be empowered to build well-engineered products that shape new platform features and advance our technical infrastructure. You will be encouraged to build reliable, scalable, testable, and efficient systems.
During the internship, you'll be embedded as a full-time member of a small engineering team and paired with a senior mentor on your team. You will have the guidance, environment, and the responsibility of deploying your projects from staging to production. You will work on real projects, features, and updates that will affect millions of users worldwide!
• Support the engineering team with software development; design and implement scalable systems and infrastructures
• Setup monitoring and testing of our APIs and services to better understand real time health of our products
• Work in a cross functional team of engineers, PMs, designers, and UX researchers to come up with creative solutions to challenging problems
• Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
• Help improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
• Translate wireframes and user flows into high quality code
• Understand product specs and participate in design reviews
• Write unit and integration tests
• Contribute to technical documentation
• Currently pursuing a B.A./B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science, or related technical field
• Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
• Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
• Demonstrated software engineer experience via college coursework, previous internships, work experience, school projects or coding competitions.
• Self-motivated, smart, hands-on, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence and ambiguity.
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies and concepts
• Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
• Able to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Familiarity with modern web frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue.js, Node.js etc.
• Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C++, Python, Go
• Experience building RESTful web services including API design and documentation
• Familiarity with micro-services architecture
• Experience with DevOps tools and methodologies such as Jenkins, Git, Docker, Kuber
• Experience with Git/GitHub, BitBucket, or other version control systems
• Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda) or other cloud providers is a plus!
• Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
• Comfort working in a Linux environment
• Excellent team communication skills