Sports Instructor - Broward and Miami-Dade County
The YMCA of South Florida is looking for a dynamic Sports Instructor for our:
-LA Lee Hollywood
YMCA Family Center. Under the direction of the Program Director, the Sports Instructor plans and teaches various Youth Sports to participants ages 3 through 17. In addition, this individual will act as liaison between the director and the staff, dispersing group communications.
- Arrive at least 1 5 minutes prior to beginning of work shift.
- Develops and plan age-appropriate Youth Sports for YMCA participants .
- Collaborates with the Program Director to coordinate and promote the Y's Youth Sports throughout the community.
- Plans, supervises and implements programs in accordance with YMCA of South Florida core values, policies, and Risk Management and Safety procedures.
- Demonstrates, models and gears program to the needs of individual children with concerns for their interests, disabilities, special talents, and developmentally appropriate activities.
- Ensures that the arrangement, appearance, decor, and environment of the classroom are safe and conducive to learning.
- Maintains excellent communication with parents regarding youth sports, progress, achievements and / or concerns.
- Attends YMCA functions such as staff meetings and program events .
- Participates in ongoing professional developmental training and attend coaches meetings as required by the Program Director.
- Works closely to train and help volunteers on Youth Sports coaching.
- Follows the YMCA of South Florida Risk Management procedures by reporting any incident /accidents to Program Director and/or Human Resources within 24 hours of incident/ accident.
- Other duties as needed based on Family Center or Program Site requirements or needs.
- Passionate about sports.
- High-energy personality, outgoing, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with public speaking and engaging with parents/guardians
- Innate desire to provide excellent customer service to participants, which will result in an exceptional sports experience.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two or more years of experience participating in, or teaching various Youth Sports to children or comparable experience preferred.
- Bilingual, English, and Spanish, a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with youth and adults including program participants, parents, volunteers, and staff.
Certifications and Licenses:
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification (must be obtained within 30 days of hire)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit to and satisfactorily clear a thorough Level II fingerprinting background screening and drug test.
As a Drug-Free Workplace, all new hires must successfully complete a urinalysis within 72 hours of notice. Failure to complete the drug test within this timeframe will automatically disqualify you from employment. Please note Medical Marijuana cards do not exempt you from successfully passing your drug test.
The YMCA of South Florida is committed to the policy of Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in the workplace because of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation, age or disability.