CTE Audio and Video Production Teacher - Horizon Community Middle School
SUMMARY: Develop coursework to support effective instruction of audio and visual production at the school level. Effectively deliver instruction that promotes an exemplary educational program and ensures success for all students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following tasks describe the basic functions of the job and represent the type of work performed. They do not constitute an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities performed on the job. The following frequencies and percentage of time spent are approximations only.
- Instruct students in large, small, and one-on-one situations. [Daily, 30%]
- Develop, plan, prepare, and implement course content, format, structure, schedule, individualized programs of instruction for students, classroom materials and curriculum, lesson plans, and learning activities. [Daily, 20%]
- Administer, edit, proofread, and grade students’ assignments and assessments. [Daily, 10%]
- Design assessment tasks that allow students to demonstrate understanding in a variety of ways and use the data to give meaningful feedback and modify instruction. [Daily, 10%]
- Create a classroom environment that maximizes instructional opportunity, supervise the behavior and well-being of students in the classroom and all educational settings, and administer discipline when appropriate. [Daily, 5%]
- Monitor student growth and progress, adapt support as needed, and maintain documentation pertinent to academic, social, and emotional progress and needs of students. [Daily, 5%]
- Communicate students’ progress, needs, and eligibility with parents/guardians and other staff as needed. [Daily, 5%]
- Collaborate with teachers, support personnel, administrators, and colleagues to enhance instruction and improve student outcomes. [Daily, 5%]
- Participate in department, team, building, and District meetings and discussions; student and/or family conferences; social, cultural, interscholastic, and extracurricular activities; and professional growth opportunities. [Daily, 5%]
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested. [Daily, 5%]
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with broadcast journalism, TV and video production, web 2.0/Cloud applications (i.e., Google Docs, Prezi), digital photography, presentation and graphics software applications, Final-cut Pro, and AVID.
- Commitment to increase opportunities for all students and willingness to embrace school improvement goals and action plans in Excellence and Equity.
- Willingness to support a Grades 6-12 STEM program.
- Strong communication, organization, and human relations skills.
- Ability to align curriculum and assessments with state content standards.
- Ability to support programs designed to increase student achievement.
- Ability to assume leadership in the development and communication of programs and curriculum.
- Ability and desire to work as a team member.
- Ability to actively participate in a Professional Learning Community.
- Ability to understand, appreciate, and make accommodations for student diversity.
- Ability to serve as a role model and an innovative and creative learner with an insatiable thirst for knowledge that stays on the cutting edge of instructional practice and pedagogy.
- Criminal background check and fingerprinting required for hire.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
All certifications, licenses, and registrations must be valid and unexpired.
- Colorado Department of Education (CDE) teaching license.
- Ability to obtain a Colorado Career and Technical Education (CTE) credential within one (1) year of hire date.
- Formal education beyond a Bachelor’s degree.
- Three (3) years of successful audio and visual production teaching experience.
- Experience advising school clubs/co-curricular activities.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Colorado Department of Education (CDE) Instructional Technology Specialist (K-12) or Instructional Technology (K-12) endorsement.
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) credential.
- Racially conscious and culturally competent with the skill, will, capacity, and knowledge to commit to a culture of continuous improvement.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Moderate physical effort.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and climbing.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, and pushing.
- Speaking and hearing.
- Visual concentration.
- Eye/hand coordination.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard.
- Concentrated reading/writing/mathematics.
- Varying levels of noise.
- Normal classroom environment.
- Normal school district environment.
- May work outdoors when monitoring student activities.