HR Recruiting Intern - Fall 2022
The HR Intern will be responsible for assisting the Talent Acquisition team at Norfolk Southern through the recruiting lifecycle. Duties will include firsthand experience in sourcing, screening, and interview applicants. Additionally, the HR Intern will assist candidates through their job offer, pre-employment, and onboarding process. The position will also include opportunity to partner with additional teams with Human Resources including compensation, benefits, employee development, etc. The ideal candidate will be very comfortable working in Microsoft Excel, have good verbal and electronic communication skills, and can balance multiple priorities at a single time.
This is a paid internship with a hybrid schedule in Atlanta, GA. The position will work out of our new Corporate HQ in Midtown Atlanta 3 days per week and will be remote 2 days per week.
• Manage multiple job postings sourcing for applications using tools including LinkedIn, Handshake, Indeed, and other job sourcing platforms.
• Screen applications and resumes assessing candidate viability. Continuing viable candidates through the applicant process and dispositioning non-viable candidates
• Assist in interview candidates virtually and in-person for various positions
• Communicate with candidates verbally and electronically through email
• Input data and generate reports, presenting reports to Senior HR Team.
Preferred Level: Bachelor's Degree (Any)
• Business - Business Administration
• Business - Management
• Business - Human Resources
• MS Excel/Spreadsheets
• MS Outlook
• MS PowerPoint/Presentations
Skills and Abilities:
• Decision Making
• Customer Service
• Time Management
• Communication Skills
• Follow Through/Execution
• Sophomore (28 to 59 credits) - $3,170/month
• Junior (60 to 89 credits) - $3,467/month
• Senior (90 or more credits) - $3,623/month
• Graduate Student - $4,333/month
*Living stipend of $750/month is available to those who qualify.